Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shock, Reading get pen @ Anfield

In the 3rd minute of injury time. Well taken as well to make it 1-1.

Comments

• Options
    I've got a tenner on them to go through at 12-1 as well

come on Reading!
  • Options
    Tenner on the Draw after 90mins. Lovely jubbly!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Tenner on the Draw after 90mins. Lovely jubbly![/quote]

Well done, what were the odds?

2-1 Reading
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I've got a tenner on them to go through at 12-1 as well

come on Reading!

looking good at the mo.
  • Options
    Serious Reading 2-1 up wicked come on Reading can we get confirmation of this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Serious Reading 2-1 up wicked come on Reading can we get confirmation of this.

ITV1
  • Options
    O yea just saw brilliant come on reading come on reading.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Tenner on the Draw after 90mins. Lovely jubbly!

Well done, what were the odds?

2-1 Reading

9/2 at William Hill. Not huge money but it'll do for me!
  • Options
    Reading are really going for it !
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can't see Benitez lasting much longer if Reading hold on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't afford the £20m to sack him can they ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Can't afford the £20m to sack him can they ?

Can they afford not to?
  • Options
    Rafa Bye Bye !?
  • Options
    Hilarious!

Gonna resurrect my Benitez thread now.
  • Options
    That Aquilani cost £17mill and looks total dross, give me Nicky Bailey any day. Also the 'effort' by Babel was disgusting and i was half expecting a pitch invasion at the end. Quite simply, they are a two man team.
  • Options
    aquilani cant play in english football at all!!!!!!

I saw a bit of the first game his brain is about half a second behind ... everything....

great in Italy, maybe spain... England, no chance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]That Aquilani cost £17mill and looks total dross, give me Nicky Bailey any day. Also the 'effort' by Babel was disgusting and i was half expecting a pitch invasion at the end. Quite simply, they are a two man team.

Have said that about them for a good 2 years now what a wank football club.
  • Options
    Agree with everything that's been said though had Benitex been more adventurous in the early part of last season they would have won the League. This season, minus Alonso and with Gerrard and Torres injured (and perhaps not desperate to break their necks with the World Cup this year) they are totally devoid of quality and a strikeforce.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Agree with everything that's been said though had Benitex been more adventurous in the early part of last season they would have won the League. This season, minus Alonso and with Gerrard and Torres injured (and perhaps not desperate to break their necks with the World Cup this year) they are totally devoid of quality and a strikeforce.

But 2 men cannot make a midfield. This is the sort of thing that annoys me about a club like Liverpool they think they can pin all hopes on Alonso (who left) and gerrard who as you say is not prepared to break his neck for the club with WC this year. However if they had been more adventorous last seaosn and won the league they might be more prepared to go out their way for the club who knows.
  • Options
    Lucas is toilet what does he offer their team, Semedo is better!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]give me Nicky Bailey any day
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Semedo is better!

sshhhhhhh!
    At least until 1st Feb!
  • Options
    It just seems that their squad is made up of a completely pedestrian blend of anonymous foreign mercenaries. When we got the famous 3-3 draw up there 10 years ago, 13 of their 16 man squad were home grown British players, the team that lost tonight had 3 out of 18 from these shores!!!!!!!!!!

The starting line up was

Brazil
    Switzerland
    England
    Denmark
    Argentina
    Israel
    England
    Italy
    Brazil
    Spain
    Holland

Utter, utter madness!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]That Aquilani cost £17mill and looks total dross, give me Nicky Bailey any day. Also the 'effort' by Babel was disgusting and i was half expecting a pitch invasion at the end. Quite simply, they are a two man team.

I think Aquilani is one of those sitting midfield players that will take time to adapt. £17 million is alot of money and if i was a Liverpool supporter, i would expect a player that is gonna set the world alight immediately. But the way Liverpool are playing at the moment, the game just passes him by. Xavi Alonso gradually became one of the best players in the league and i think with better players around him, Aquilani could become a very good player. If liverpool bought a decent striker to play with Torres, pushed Gerrard back into CM then they would become a better team immediately.
  • Options
    Liverpool are so poor, wouldn't surprise me if they finish behind City and Spurs this season.

Knew as soon as Gerrard and Torres went off that Reading were going to get score eventually. Benitez is only there as they can't afford £20m to pay him off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]aquilani cant play in english football at all!!!!!!

I saw a bit of the first game his brain is about half a second behind ... everything....

If English football is some alien concept then how come England look third tier at every world cup? This stupid concept that Sky and TalkShite fills people's brains with simply cannot be valid, if you think about it. If it were possible to just up the pace and leave johnny foreigner hopelessly at sea then don't you think the likes of Stevie McLaren might have tried it on his way to world domination? Aqui doesn't look outstanding to you because he's a) not very good (in as much as he's no Alonso) and b) not match fit. Putting football on ITV really brings out the worst kind of daftness in Sunpundits.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

I think Aquilani is one of those sitting midfield players that will take time to adapt. £17 million is alot of money and if i was a Liverpool supporter, i would expect a player that is gonna set the world alight immediately. But the way Liverpool are playing at the moment, the game just passes him by. Xavi Alonso gradually became one of the best players in the league and i think with better players around him, Aquilani could become a very good player. If liverpool bought a decent striker to play with Torres, pushed Gerrard back into CM then they would become a better team immediately.

He could become one of the the best in the world with time but time's something Liverpool haven't got. That's why i was amazed Liverpool didn't pull out all the stops to get Gareth Barry. Gerrard and Torres won't hang around much longer imo, especially if they don't qualify for the Champions League.
  • Options
    The bigger concern for me over the two games was how good Reading were and they are in relegation trouble at the bottom of the Championship.

If/when we go up we'll have to improve a lot to just survive if that's anything to go by.
  • Options
    Reading have drawn 5 of there last 6 - 1-1 after 90mins.

Odd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Liverpool are so poor, wouldn't surprise me if they finish behind City and Spurs this season.

I'd say it was more than likely. On their current form they'll struggle to even make next years Europa league.
    Will Liverpool have to enter the Intertoto? (does that even still exist?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]aquilani cant play in english football at all!!!!!!

If English football is some alien concept then how come England look third tier at every world cup? This stupid concept that Sky and TalkShite fills people's brains with simply cannot be valid, if youthinkabout it. If it were possible to just up the pace and leave johnny foreigner hopelessly at sea then don't you think the likes of Stevie McLaren might have tried it on his way to world domination? Aqui doesn't look outstanding to you because he's a) not very good (in as much as he's no Alonso) and b) not match fit. Putting football on ITV really brings out the worst kind of daftness in Sunpundits.

Calm down laddy, calm down..... (hairdo and moustache, on)

It was simply my assessment from watching 20 odd mins on setanta of the first game, he looked well off the pace ... thats all... not sure why that has upset you....

and england is not english football...

English players as we know and massively outnumbered in the prem...