Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Slovenia: predictions

England play Slovenia in Nelson Mandela Bay/Port Elizabeth on 23 June 2010 in a Group C match. Who is going to score for England?

The reason for picking this game is that it will be England's final Group game and, if the games versus USA and Algeria have gone to plan, England may be "resting" their "A" team and allowing some fringe players to get a game. So, who do you think will score England's goal(s) in just over 150 days' time?

For me, I think it will be another "must win", because I can't see us beating USA and Algeria. And, although I think we'll win easily on stats, I think the actual score will be close.

I am going for Jermain Defoe. With, possibly Rooney also scoring, or coming close.

Comments

• Options
    What the?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]What the?!
    You don't rate Ashley Cole's ability to get forward, then?
  • Options
    liquid lunch on a monday?
  • Options
    3-1 England, D Bent hat trick.
  • Options
    Bobby Zamora as in...Bobby Zamora?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I can't imagine any of the fringe players getting a look in. In fact I can't even see players like Bent, Zamora or Walcott even getting in the squad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    The reason for picking this game is that it will be England's final Group gameand,

The reason for picking this game for what? Is this part of something or just a prediction of a random game?
  • Options
    2-0
    Defoe 12, 56
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    The reason for picking this game is that it will be England's final Group gameand,

The reason for picking this game for what? Is this part of something or just a prediction of a random game?
    It's a random opportunity to exercise predictions and to imagine who might make up a second-choice team within England's WC squad.
  • Options
    3-0 Defoe Hat-Trick

Next Question: My mum is going away on 14th March, so its down to my dad to cook for the family. Predictions, what will we be having for dinner that night?

How random.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wtf? bit early for this thread! and what planet do you live on Zamora will not be going to the World Cup unless you just having a laugh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]wtf? bit early for this thread! and what planet do you live on Zamora will not be going to the World Cup unless you just having a laugh
    So your prediction is..?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]3-0 Defoe Hat-Trick

Next Question: My mum is going away on 14th March, so its down to my dad to cook for the family. Predictions, what will we be having for dinner that night?

Fish & Chips

Please update on 14th March too.
  • Options
    lol i'll let you know nearer the time, when i know what the team is? whether we need to win etc although that said cant see us resting many even if we dont have to win or draw as the would benefit the players the more they play together
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i'll let you know nearer the time, when i know what the team is
    That's a good idea, but may take a bit of fun out of it. Like guessing the crowd after the game.

Go on: push the boat out and have a go now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i'll let you know nearer the time, when i know what the team is
    That's a good idea, but may take a bit of fun out of it. Like guessing the crowd after the game.

Go on: push the boat out and have a go now.

now that you mentioned it..........erm No! but thanks anyways ;-)
  • Options
    I am going for Jermain Defoe. With, possibly Rooney also scoring, or coming close.
    Quite satisfied with that!
  • Options
    and you predicted the algeria and USA draws.........

obviously a genius...