Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beckford signs pre contract agreement with Everton AND Leeds sign Barnard for an undisclosed fee!

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: jaire[/cite]On SSN website - Southampton have reportedly made an offer of £150,000 for Southend United striker Lee Barnard, who has also been attracting interest from Leeds United.
    On the Southend website - Barnard limped off injured on Saturday, although not serious.

shock horror - Pardew waits for us to declare an interest in a player and tries to gazump us.

They'd be royally screwed without Lambert this season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jaire[/cite]Southend have issued a statement on their website stating the rumours about Barnard are untrue - it states that there are three parties interested in Barnard but no offer has been accepted.

the three teams are supposed to be Millwall, Southampton and Leeds but considering that Barnard was already supposed to have signed for Leeds, its hard to tell what's true or not.
  • Options
    Southampton also linked with Lisbie
  • Options
    If the figure of £150,000 is accurate then I wonder if we've tried a Chris Dickson-plus-cash offer for Barnard?
    I'm sure Dickson would be keen on the move and PP suggested the board were trying to get some cash together. Just a thought.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]If the figure of £150,000 is accurate then I wonder if we've tried a Chris Dickson-plus-cash offer for Barnard?
    I'm sure Dickson would be keen on the move and PP suggested the board were trying to get some cash together. Just a thought.

we don't have,as far as we know, any spending cash and Dickson having not set the division alight at Rovers isn't worth £50k let alone £150k
  • Options
    Barnard has now signed for Southampton. Quite a pairing there now!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/05/31/blues-sign-beckford

Beckford signs 4 year deal with Everton. Anyone think he'll be good enough to make the step up? Will be interesting to see how he does.

Good deal for them on a free, but a 4 year deal? If he struggles he surely won't last there long.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/05/31/blues-sign-beckford

Beckford signs 4 year deal with Everton. Anyone think he'll be good enough to make the step up? Will be interesting to see how he does.

Good deal for them on a free, but a 4 year deal? If he struggles he surely won't last there long.

Lol, I saw this title thinking 'WTF?'

I don't think he will make the step-up. Plenty of big defenders in The Premiership, he didn't really do much in either game against us because he was bullied by Jaidi. Always diving and moaning.

Since those goals in the FA Cup he has been seen as the best striker in League One by many who don't watch League One football. He was far from the best.

I thought he would stay in The Championship with Leeds, he is only 26 isn't he? A season or two in The Championship could have done him wonders for that step up to The Premiership. Saying that, Everton got nothing to lose and I wouldn't be suprised if he is back in The Championship next year.
  • Options
    Im sure most of his goals are close range tap ins?
  • Options
    my first reaction is that a 4 year deal is bloody risky for Everton on a striker only proven in a divison 2 below where they are. Beckford must have a quality agent!

Doubt he'll set the world alight, I know if I was them I'd rather have someone like Yakubu (who they are supposed to be selling to make room for him). Will probably only be back up anyway, will get 6-7 off the bench.