Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Football Teams to follow

Comments

• Options
    our home record against Millwalls home record !!!
  • Options
    i'd say either Plymouth or Rochdale.

Plymouth because every away game is miles, and Rochdale because they have been in the same division for something like 324 years, which is why their trip to us was treated like a national holiday.
  • Options
    MK Dons, because it's not a proper club, and Boston because there's all kinds of crap going on around them.

Rochdale always remind me of one of those no-hope bottom-of-the Scottish league clubs - relegated in May 1974 and haven't moved since. They might go down this season...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]MK Dons, because it's not a proper club, and Boston because there's all kinds of crap going on around them.

Rochdale always remind me of one of those no-hope bottom-of-the Scottish league clubs - relegated in May 1974 and haven't moved since. They might go down this season...[/quote]

We're 11th......... typical Palace we can't even win a being bleedin rubbish competition!
  • Options
    Speaking from my experience of living in the North East - id have to pick EVERY side in the region.

The Mackem-Geordie hatred takes lifes an*l retention to new depths.

I would have to pick Darlington having gone to a few games there in my weekends off.

Small county Durham market town - so you can imagine how stagnant the fanbase is.

Just off the A1 which says it all and about 15 miles west of Boro (probable cuprit for sucking The Quakers support away).

Their new ground is currently called the TFM arena.

It was first called the George Reynolds Arena after their chairman who of course did time for money laundering.
    He just got released but is under curfew. As welcome by the club as a turd in the bath.

As for the ground - it holds 25,000 people yet average attendances are around 4000.

Been In the bottom divisions for a long time - even flirted in the non league for a few years and spent a season in League one about 15 years ago.

WHen fans get excited about local derbies v Monkeyhangers and trips to Torquay and Bristol you know there are people out there in a worse situation that yourself.

A lot of the fans wish they never left Feethams.

Grim up North? You betcha!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]Speaking from my experience of living in the North East - id have to pick EVERY side in the region.

The Mackem-Geordie hatred takes lifes an*l retention to new depths.

I would have to pick Darlington having gone to a few games there in my weekends off.

Small county Durham market town - so you can imagine how stagnant the fanbase is.

Just off the A1 which says it all and about 15 miles west of Boro (probable cuprit for sucking The Quakers support away).

Their new ground is currently called the TFM arena.

It was first called the George Reynolds Arena after their chairman who of course did time for money laundering.
    He just got released but is under curfew. As welcome by the club as a turd in the bath.

As for the ground - it holds 25,000 people yet average attendances are around 4000.

Been In the bottom divisions for a long time - even flirted in the non league for a few years and spent a season in League one about 15 years ago.

WHen fans get excited about local derbies v Monkeyhangers and trips to Torquay and Bristol you know there are people out there in a worse situation that yourself.

A lot of the fans wish they never left Feethams.

Grim up North? You betcha![/quote]

Your are spot on about darlington.

I worked in Newton Aycliffe (what a place that is!) and made a few trips to watch darlington....

I think Morrisey wrote the song 'everyday is like sunday' about middlesbrough and he was spot on about that place 'this is the coastal town that they forgot to close down'
  • Options
    You worked in Aycliffe?! WOW! Oh man so glad you survived. Real proper ex coal mining and smelting area - if you weren't a local, run a mile. What did you think of Spennymoor nearby?! LOL - that was an eye opener too.
    The region has character and it's that I will miss. A new chapter begins.......
  • Options
    My best-man at my wedding (did I relly need to say that...) comes from Spennymoor (Kirk Merrington just up the hill), many a good time spent in the pubs that never close if you're local....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]Speaking from my experience of living in the North East - id have to pick EVERY side in the region.

And I would include Hallam FC who were founded in 1860 thus making them the second oldest club in the world. I did see them once and I thought that they were with the very same players that were around in 1860, lol. They even contest the Sheffield derby against the older side Sheffield FC. However, I don't think anyone in the city really cares about either team as most here support one of two slightly bigger clubs in the city and are more interested in their derby game.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]I think Morrisey wrote the song 'everyday is like sunday' about middlesbrough and he was spot on about that place 'this is the coastal town that they forgot to close down'

I thought he wrote the song about Worksop (or was it Grantham?) while being pissed - hence him adding the word 'coastal' to a place miles away from the seaside.