Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else Applied for an id card yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Do you mean the 6 million that are not working! but not registered/eligable...... or the http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?ID=12 from the goverments own statistics......

How do you know the figures! the Goverment do not, they do not collate figures.......

Funny I thought that the 'terrorists' were all University educated science graduates. At least that is what Peter Mandelson was citing last week at the bbc News festival.. . there we go MI5 barking up the wrong tree again!
  • Options
    I don't know the figures, but I'm not the one quoting them!

Call me dense, but I can't work out where the 6million comes from in the article you provided.
  • Options
    Well they must be uni educated science type grads as how would they have possibly come into this country and been allowed to stay otherwise? Simply not possible.
  • Options
    Well they must be uni educated science type grads as how would they have possibly come into this country and been allowed to stay otherwise? Simply not possible.

Thanks for clearing that up jolly robin, I was hoping henry might answer for you guys.
  • Options
    Not that it isn't below them though, I've never trusted the PLP.

But if anybody asks, I didn't say that ;)
  • Options
    I am glad you reds started on the Cameron poster yesterday, as politics is obviously no longer taboo on here, roll on the election, I don't care who wins at long as the leader is not Scottish and pays the unions too much money to keep himself in power.
  • Options
    Many european countries do not yet recognise the UK ID card and are refusing UK citizens entry unless they have a passport...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I am glad you reds started on the Cameron poster yesterday, as politics is obviously no longer taboo on here, roll on the election, I don't care who wins at long as the leader is not Scottish and pays the unions too much money to keep himself in power.

When you grow up a little you'll realise that the Tory party will fuck you over.

Still at least there'll be a few years for you Tory Boys to gloat and then there'll be a recession and we'll be back to square one.
  • Options
    Think you will find that the Unemployment rate only accounts for 'registered and eligable to registar'. not those that are 'not working' or not accountable.

As I stated the Goverment do not have figures for illegal immigration. Guessology here.

As a third generation 'immigrant' myself just so you know.......
  • Options
    And my great great great great grandmother was a Brazilian slave. It still doesn't revert from the fact that you can't just make up figures that are double that than the UKs biggest right-wing paper!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    who said they are made up...... And bugger the Mail you quoted that lie sheet
  • Options
    Touché, however I've obviously misunderstood the difference between making up figures and using "guessology". On the guessology basis I've met no illegal immigrants and so I believe that there are no illegal immigrants in the country.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Would I be right in saying that all members of the labour party have been asked to get an I'd card to encourage the plebs to see the error of their ways? Would you be a card carrying member çhavz or just a supporter? I seem to remember the blue party telling us the same years ago, ' you only need the I'd style driving licence and you can travel the world, call me cynical, but you can't even travel the uk without the paper licence, well you çan travel, but you still need that bit of paper, unless you don't have a driving licence, passport or I'd, in which case you will be called naughty and sent home (home in the uk that is, heaven forbid that we should dream of kicking out anyone who has broken our laws).

As far as I am aware there are as many anti as pro id 'carders' in the Labour Party. Although I don't know for sure as I'm not a "card carrying member" of any party so don't have access to internal spin. I also got a 'picture' driving licence as soon as I could. I've got nothing to hide and in my work abroad it was always useful to have as much id on you as possible.

So simple decision for me really. Money well spent but if you don't need one stick with your passport. That's if you can bear to go abroad and mix with 'overseas types' :-)
  • Options
    Do you have picture driving licenses in the UK these days? Do you have to have your license with you at all times when driving a car?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    "Grow up ,when will you Tory boys learn the Torys will f**k yo over " noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo he really said it. Nooooo "then there will be a recession" lol nooo not unlike now you mean ho ho ho ------------------of course Labour hasnt f**Ked us ? i mean:

* 2 wars
    * mass ORGANISED imigration as Blairs speach writer said whilst calling anyone who pointed out the pit falls a "racist"
    * 2 BNP EU MPs
    * "2.5 milion British jobs for Britsh workers " a quote or
    * "middle class jobs for the middle classes" last week
    * We are the best placed economy to come out of recession -------------------- except we are far the worst and the last
    * the vote on Europe-- yet another promise broken
    * Devolved government for the Welsh,Ulsterand Scots --- but to give the English the same would "split the Union"
    * Home grown terrorists

Yes we truely truely have much to thank this Labour shit for. Only a few weeks to go and the people will have their say. It would be impossible to do more damage to England than they have done.

Voted Boris to get Ken the rat out now ill vote Tory to give this rabble the humiliation they deserve----------------- how negative politics is these days its not about belief in the "party" its about geting them out, what ever the cost.

Chaz re your original post we are thinking of geting an ID card for my wife as she is a forign national but only if it helps her get through the mass crowd at heathrow. was suggested to me but not sure it will make much differance and at the time i loked im sure it was about £100 or more ?
  • Options
    2 BNP EU MPs

I'd have thought you would approve of BNP MEPS, or are they not right-wing enough for you these days?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Do you have picture driving licenses in the UK these days? Do you have to have your license with you at all times when driving a car?

Pretty much all picture now. All newly issued licences are picture ones. Some people have held on to their old style ones. No obligation to have your licence with you when driving. Makes sense though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite

Chaz re your original post we are thinking of geting an ID card for my wife as she is a forign national but only if it helps her get through the mass crowd at heathrow. was suggested to me but not sure it will make much differance and at the time i loked im sure it was about £100 or more ?

Only charging £30 at present for UK Nationals, GH. Still a few teething problems using them at passport control! Early days though.
  • Options
    Anyone else Applied for an id card yet?
    No. And I will have to be forced at gun point to do so.
  • Options
    Just come in from drinking in Holborn. Copper came up to me and my mates (two out of four of who just happen to be asian) and advised the terror level has been raised to "severe" from what ever it was before and he was "keeping an eye on us" as if four boys drinking in a west end pub was asking for trouble. How could these ID cards protect us in that situation ? Not at all, it's all a waste of time. If you want to prove your nationality then get a passport. If you want to prove your loyalty then there's no official way yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The whole Id card thing is a scam, fiasco and farce. Any government with any clue would never have suggested such a scheme but having done so this lot can't admit that its a dead duck and just plow straight on anyway spunking money in all directions on a total waste of time. I will never own such a thing. I don't see any benefit whatsover in them, they protect us from absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    Virginia_class_submarine.jpg
  • Options
    X
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]
    Just been out with my lads in that 'terrorist hot spot' Bexley village and been asked by the barman for evidence to state you are over 21 (by the barman at least 20)..... although they claim under 25 on the door .

You were lucky!

In Atlanta, Georgia last time I was in the USA ..... was asked to produce my passport to just enter a venue, let alone even buy a drink.

Apparently, it's also the law of the State of Georgia that everybody has to show driving licence or passport before buying off licence alcohol from even a shop or supermarket, let alone a bar.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    Just been out with my lads in that 'terrorist hot spot' Bexley village and been asked by the barman for evidence to state you are over 21 (by the barman at least 20)..... although they claim under 25 on the door .

You were lucky!

In Atlanta, Georgia last time I was in the USA ..... was asked to produce my passport to just enter a venue, let alone even buy a drink.

Apparently, it's also the law of the State of Georgia that everybody has to show driving licence or passport before buying off licence alcohol from even a shop or supermarket, let alone a bar.

Had they seen a Cornish Passport before, Oggy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I am glad you reds started on the Cameron poster yesterday, as politics is obviously no longer taboo on here, roll on the election, I don't care who wins at long as the leader is not Scottish and pays the unions too much money to keep himself in power.

You'd expect so on a charlton forum
    YOOOOOUUUUU REEEEDDDDSS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

You were lucky!

You were lucky!

Look what can happen if you go out drinking in Austin Texas without picture ID...

Avoid Booboo at all costs!