Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SPURS OFFER £12M AND CALLUM DAVENPORT FOR DARREN BENT

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Davenport is kak. Though he's already scored a goal for us this season, so that's something. I'd rather one of theirs that would actually improve us.[/quote]
    if bent does go and we get davenport he'll be joint second in our league goal scoring charts one goal behind andy reid;-)[/quote]

God you're sad
  • Options
    Anyone else gone from loving Murray and Varney to absolutely despising them within 6 months.

Say one thing do another time after time after time.

What decent players will come to us after we sell our best player and only goalscorer? Or are they making sure they get their year end bonus.

Fallen out of love with everything other than Pardew, Holland, Baby Bent and Carson within my football club at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Anyone else gone from loving Murray and Varney to absolutely despising them within 6 months.

What, on the basis of reading rumours on a website?
  • Options
    Jol on Five Live has just said he doesnt want Bent...apparently.

he could be talking about Marcus Bent
  • Options
    I cant see Spurs wanting Bent and tbh, why would he want to come to us anyway? Its hard enough keeping Berbatov, Defoe, Keane & Mido happy without yet another forward. It appears we're after another centre half to cover Ledders and Dawson...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]...........................................

Fallen out of love with everything other than Pardew, Holland, Baby Bent and Carson within my football club at the moment.

I agree with you there Southend - hence my rant yesterday regarding Marcus Bent.
  • Options
    No Inspector, on pretty much everything they have done since May other than appointing Pardew.

Dowie, Reed, traore, diawarra, faye, mills, hasselbank, coaching structure, no bottled beer at half time, i havent won valley gold or the lottery, dowie, selling bent if true, dowie.

Oh and Dowie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Anyone else gone from loving Murray and Varney to absolutely despising them within 6 months.

Say one thing do another time after time after time.

What decent players will come to us after we sell our best player and only goalscorer? Or are they making sure they get their year end bonus.

Mate its all smoke and mirrors (if its true). Football has always been the same. Say he's not going anywhere and you force the price up. They wouldn't be doing the club a service if they didn't get every penny they could when selling players.

All clubs, apart from possibly ManU, Gooners and Chelski will sell their best players if the price is right. We're not alone.
  • Options
    Perhaps one of Mido/Keane/Defoe will be sold? Man U are apparently after Defoe so if he goes for around £10m that frees up some money and a place in the squad/line-up for Darren Bent.
  • Options
    I'm in the wait and see camp on this, don't disagree with what Pards said earlier, if it's best for the long term good of the football club, then so be it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]No Inspector, on pretty much everything they have done since May other than appointing Pardew.

I think even Murray's looked in the mirror and called the reflection a stupid cnut a few times over the past six months. Trouble is, we've a board that's been inexperienced at appointing managers because they've been lucky enough not to have to do it. At least Murray's admitted he cocked up by getting rid of the "head coach" structure.

As for the Bent stuff - it's all the fun of the transfer window, which is why I hate this time of year.
  • Options
    Did anyone think that Bent would see out his contract with us?

Most likely his agent looked around and found a lot of clubs interested but no one prepared to pay the wages he wanted or that Charlton would get the transfer fee he was worth. As Charlton were offering a new contract it made sense for him to stay until the right offer comes in.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]No Inspector, on pretty much everything they have done since May other than appointing Pardew.

Dowie, Reed, traore, diawarra, faye, mills, hasselbank, coaching structure, no bottled beer at half time, i havent won valley gold or the lottery, dowie, selling bent if true, dowie.

Oh and Dowie.

and making Les Reed head coach
  • Options
    Johnboy, if its true then that guarantees to me that Defoe is off very soon.

Man U is likely, but don't rule out West ham now for a shock return.
  • Options
    Defoe wouldn't risk relegation.
  • Options
    Man U is likely, but don't rule out West ham now for a shock return.

How about a swap deal for an even bigger shock return...
  • Options
    we could not pay defoe's salary, west ham could.
  • Options
    It's being branded as a Cash plus Gash deal in some circles...
  • Options
    Did Pards actually say 'Come and get him'? Cause people are jumping up down on nothing.

If someone offers £12m to £15m now, then excellent, take the money, and re invest it in decent players across the squad who will either keep us up, or get us back up.

Darren will leave in the next 8 months, it's whether its now or later.
  • Options
    AFKA, I agree. Man Utd have been sniffing around Defoe for a while now whilst Liverpool made a few enquiries about him last year too. Wouldnt be surprised if Murphy was used as a makeweight in any deal for Bent. Feel sorry for Davenport - he's been excellent in our last few games, standing in for the rested (more like injured with his totally knackered knee) Ledders...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murphy would not be welcome back here and i dont think he would have the nerve to either.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Murphy would not be welcome back here and i dont think he would have the nerve to either.[/quote]

I would rather have Donny Tourette than Murphy.
  • Options
    Why do Spurs actually need him?
  • Options
    Chris > presumably as AFKA mentioned Defoe must be on his way...