Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent a player worthy of the Red & White of our Great Club

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Looks like we are not likely to see our Darren ever again in the glorious Red of CAFC. Losing a player who is clearly happy & grateful to be playing for Charlton is all the more galling baring in mind we would not even be considering selling him if we were not in the sorry state we are in now. Several mistakes have been made this season by the Board, by various Managers with the odd refereeing & FA decision to boot, however the selling of our prized asset whilst I think is a huge mistake, it's one we as fans are gonna have to accept.
Darren, has been a pleasure to watch for the last 18 months, just a shame we did not have a Midfield worthy of him like a Parker/Jenson or a partner upfront like Di Canio then we would have seen how really great he is. I am sure all Charlton fans will wish him the best in his career & we will all follow his progress whoever he ends up signing for. All the Best Darren you really were Fit to wear the shirt !
P.S. The signed shirt you promised me at the end of the season, am I still gonna get it ?

Comments

• Options
    If you do go Darren, good luck but come back next year when we come back up
  • Options
    And please don't score against us!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]If you do go Darren, good luck but come back next year when we come back up

But please don't score against us! ;o)
  • Options
    You can all sleep well, Phil Chappell's back.
  • Options
    Snap! lol
  • Options
    Darren Bent gets my vote as Charlton's best player of the season whether he stays or not. Runner up will be our guest from Liverpool.
  • Options
    IF IF IF, lets wait and see before people have decided to sell Darren in advanced of anything actually happening
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    IF he does go it will be ever so disappointing because as you say he is happy being a Charlton player. One thing I would say Dazza is you can always turn down the move!! What I am thinking of is Spurs - why go where you are almost guaranteed rotation when you are more than good enough to be a regular. To be honest I find it hard to believe they are interested - and I don't expect Defoe to go off to Man U.

I wonder if Chelsea could show an interest?
  • Options
    THIS IS SO SO SAD - Benty gives us hope, no matter what the rest of the idiots and no hopers, Carson excepted, are doing if he is on the pitch we have true class.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]I wonder if Chelsea could show an interest?
    No, not Chelsea. Yes, they can throw shedloads of money at us, but if Bent is going to go, I want to see him playing in Europe and for England, not just being the latest great young player stuck picking the splinters out of his backside on the Chelsea bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the thought of Darren Bent with Claus Jensen behind brings me out in goosbumps. My god Claus and Benty would be a partnership made in heaven.

oh well
  • Options
    Darren with super Clive god,it would be better than sex
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    You gotta like the fella (DB), I don't wanna build him up too much but..

Excellent role model

Clean living

Great footballing goalscorer

What a guy!
  • Options
    And he stayed!
  • Options
    Have I missed something??? Ketman says we are not likely to see Dazza in the red again??

The CAFC website has quite a positive article (Bent stuck on Charlton) - is there a rumour going round?
  • Options
    its the little things. he's been injured for what six weeks and there has been loads of press speculation about him.

Have you seen any quotes from him in the press ? No

Have you seen or heard stories of him drinking it up in nightclubs ? No

A top down to earth guy. And a cracking striker.
  • Options
    Orpy, Ketman wrote that on Jan 5th...
  • Options
    this thread started 5th Jan !!
  • Options
    Thanks AFKA and Large. Its friday - I'm half asleep and in need of a pint or 6.

Feel like the village idiot...ho hum
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    yeah I got told off before so I dug out an appropriate topic heading.. I've probably done something wrong again though.

: )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LOL, that's reet made me chuckle
  • Options
    Razil. No probs - I should pay more attention...I will write 'WE ARE STAYING UP' 200 times as pennance.
  • Options
    no its my fault, I shall now go an disembowel myself..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: orpingtonaddick[/cite]Feel like the village idiot...ho hum

no need, i am here!

Anyway about benty, i am his no 1 stalker, he is a great dood, great player, great bloke and also a great dood.
  • Options
    I wrote this when we had received a substantial offer for him (Not from West Ham) and felt sure that this would be the time he would go. Happy to be proved so wrong it is un-true. Darren Bent = Charlton Genius
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]its the little things. he's been injured for what six weeks and there has been loads of press speculation about him.

Have you seen any quotes from him in the press ? No

Have you seen or heard stories of him drinking it up in nightclubs ? No

A top down to earth guy. And a cracking striker.[/quote]

Now if we can persuade MCS to stop stalking him everything will be perfect.

I agree with the above statements, undoubtedly he's pretty level headed but he also has some good advisors around him who are looking after him for the long-term and unlike Scott Parker aren't thinking of the next short term buck.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Now if we can persuade MCS to stop stalking him everything will be perfect

sorry cant/wont happen, i am always bumping into him! poor lad!