Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Afraid Parky panicked too soon tonight with the subs

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I would not have taken Semedo off - they were all over us thereafter. Jonjo is not strong enough and too slow to play in the middle at the moment

Also thought Semedo was ok.

We won nothing in midfield after he went off.

He was played into trouble on a number of occaisions tonight.
  • Options
    Would have kept Semedo on, taken Jonjo off instead. Semedo imo is our most important player.

Agree with a post above about Racon, he could have made a difference tonight. Pity he doesn't wanna play on the left, may be the missing link. Like to see him start Sat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Would have kept Semedo on, taken Jonjo off instead. Semedo imo is our most important player.

Agree with a post above about Racon, he could have made a difference tonight. Pity he doesn't wanna play on the left, may be the missing link. Like to see him start Sat.

maybe a little shake up is needed

attacking 451 for me

elliot
    grazer dailly sodge basey
    semedo
    Racon. Bailey
    sam Mckenzie/waggy
    Burton
  • Options
    In hindsight he probably did panic but to behinest at the time I thought it was the right decision so can't argue. However I thought he got the team selection wrong. We have played poorly in the 2 games immediately prior to this and been lucky to escape with narrow wins against relegation fodder. He should have started with a different team. The team are not half as good as when Racon is picked and the quicker we can get him back in the team and playing well the better for us.
  • Options
    Like the possible team just above, Waggy deserves a start and would benefit more if he has extra support in midfield and he does not have to continuely support Basey (who worries more with every game when defending)
  • Options
    thought the decision to take Burton off was wrong. Glad to see the back of Mooney, he was shocking. He and Dickson need to be taught how to stay onside. Dickson impressed though with his impressions of a Stork taking off. Richardson was man of the match for me, everyone else was very poor. Bailey is meant to be Captain so instead of rolling around looking for a foul he was never going to get (he'd been tugging the O's player back) perhaps he should have been back trying to prevent a goal. That was a result waiting to happen, been coming for a number of weeks, only difference tonight was that it arrived. Will be interesting to see how we react. I expecvt we'll beat Tranmere but then three away's on the trot will be a massive test of whether we can stay the pace.
  • Options
    Chris Dickson cannot be used as an impact sub. He has to be played from the start. When has he looked best? When he started at Brentford.

Dickson has to play when teams are pushing forward and tonight he would have been perfect from the off as Orient played such a high back line. He's obviously gonna be no good when brought on with their backline all pushed back trying to hold on.

In any event he would have been better than Mooney...
  • Options
    I think we just got outplayed, shame it was Leyton Orient that ended our run but they were better than us. We looked stuttery and stumbley most of the night, not nervous, just things didn't happen, Shelvey was trying incredibly hard it just weren't happening. Burton didn't really put a foot wrong, any other referee would have blown up for the swipe on Bailey before the goal.

Lloyd Sam had another good game tonight
  • Options
    Was Bailey playing a lot deeper than normal, or was it me?
    Everytime I looked he was behind Semedo
  • Options
    Thought we started 4-4-2 for the first 20minutes or so then went 4-3-3 and then really struggled to get in the game, I don't think we can afford to have a roaming Shelvey in this division, no critiscm of the player, was surprised by Semedo being subbed. we needed that steel too much of the time Bailey was left covering in central defence, he did dive around alot tonight and was on the floor when they scored? But did mean he did not get forward. I would have subbed Mooney off side more than the clown tonight. Burton had done pretty well given the long ball rubbish we had thrown at him so would not have taken him off; Dickson was no worse than Mooney at staying onside........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I too like the look of your selection, Swisdom. In his postmatch report, Parky states that he's unlikely to make wholesale changes for Sat's game but agree that it's worth another look at Racon sooner rather than later.

Was it just me, or did Nicky Bailey look like a player who may have been unsettled by transfer speculation/approaches ?

Or did he merely have a poor day at the office ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't really blame the substitutions when Llyod Sam thought everyone had come to see him perform pointless stepovers all night but perhaps it would have been best to leave Burton and Mooney on and changed the midfield around. Burton holds the play up well and brings others into play and has a good understanding with Mooney who was at least getting himself into good positions, unlike Dickson and Mckenzie who spent their entire time on the pitch arguing. I would have left Semedo on as he is our most important player and think I may have been tempted to take Shelvey off with Mckenzie on the left and Sam off for Wagstaff. Possibly even Bailey off for Racon as it just wasn't happening for him tonight - especially when he was just sitting in his own half pumping balls up the pitch.