Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we the most predictable club in the whole league?

2»

Comments

• Options
    We were dire tonight, but then again we have been for weeks........

Only just beat Hartlepool last week, who either side of our game have shipped goals - week before only just beat Wycombe who are second from bottom, week before we struggled to get a point at Brentford.

If we stick with Mooney & Burto upfront we'll never get out of this league

Oh - just watching Late Kick off on BBC and showing play off final.............mendonca anyone ?
  • Options
    Predictable in that we won't change a winning team, even if the win was fortunate and would have been a wake up call to a better manager?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Bloody hell , there was me thinking we were third in the league and and only just lost our first home game in a year.

I feel like topping meself after reading these posts

an element of knee jerk reactions but that was truly dire

semedo going off was the biggest WTF? Moment I've had all season
    Burton going off for me. But there were a lot of WTF moments for WTF fans tonight.
  • Options
    Do we ever look like scoring from a corner without Sam Sodje in the team?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]But laying down "injured" but suddenly getting "better" when Orient scored and chasing the Ref ?
    There isNOexcuse for that.
    Well there is if he was trying to get the ref to pull the play back to see to his 'head' injury. If that had worked, liked it would have done on most refs, it would have prevented a goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]But laying down "injured" but suddenly getting "better" when Orient scored and chasing the Ref ?
    There isNOexcuse for that.
    Well there is if he was trying to get the ref to pull the play back to see to his 'head' injury. If that had worked, liked it would have done on most refs, it would have prevented a goal.

It didn't work though did it because he never had an head injury. It might have worked had it been someone else. I'm guessing Bailey now as a name for himself with the refs that he'll roll about then get up ok. They watch football too and speak to each other so nickyb needs to be more careful. Remember the boy who cried wolf.
  • Options
    For those that have said that it is good to get the old-style Charlton back, well, that's what we've got: unbeaten at home for almost a year and then lose to one of the lower clubs. Yes, that's the old Charlton style.

I can only go by what I have read but no one seemed that impressed with the last few games, despite not losing any of them. Changes were probably necessary but if Parky had changed a winning team and we'd still lost then people would have moaned just as much.

We need Racon and Sodje back, maybe eevn Spring who by all accounts was unlucky to lose his place after being one of our better players when Semedo returned from injury but who hasn't really been seen since.

Very disappointing. I won't download the game!
  • Options
    Funny, but Leeds fans are asking themselves the same thing. It happens. Teams will always come to us & play like they're in a cup game as they, like some of our fans, still think 'Premiership'. Fair play to Orient, they played their socks off & deserved a win. Mooney was never going to score last night. Parky should have stuck with the same subs as the Hartlepool game. We lost, we're still 3rd, its a long way to go. Get behind the team & stop being so OTT :-D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    edited January 2010
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on KBs lil sis, i cant copy quotes from other page but my feelings exactly

I did not see the game unfortunately & nor do i know the performance, but im sure at the start of the season if you had offered us to be 3rd now & not far of the top two, only lost 1 game at home, then i would of taken it. so although we have lost to a team near the bottom but these things happen, footballs a funny old game

I still believe we can do it Come on you Addicks!
  • Options
    7.40 my mate says - "4-0 to your boys tonight then", I said "1-0 to Orient, McGleish to score the winner".

Predictable as the sun coming up in the morning.

Wankers.
  • Options
    Falconwood - if you said the strikers (except Burton) aren't up to it I woud understand. You said the players aren't up to it though - suggesting the entire team aren't good enough.

Dickson for me is only useful when he has a bit of space, which is only when we are winning and opponents are pushing forward. Would still like to see more of McKenzie. Mooney I don't really rate but he's better than Dickson or an unfit McKenzie. Ideally we'd get a good striker in but obviously that's very hard in our situation.
  • Options
    That said we should at least use Mooney properly and play to his strengths. Long balls up to him don't suit him at all.