Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official - Palace In Administration

Comments

• Options
    They flew up there:
    Think the reason the subs are kept down is o save "appearence money".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]It should be more than 10.

Budgie, don't give it the moral high ground again.

No moral high ground mate, just the way I see it.

There's many Charlton supporters on here that see it the same, but as Oohaah and Steve have also said, there are many Palace fans that would or will be celebrating if you end up the same.

My personal point of view is that fans of clubs such as Palace and Charlton, are similar in many ways and should stick together, but I suppose in recent years there may have been too much history between the clubs, and some fans won't be able to see past that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i wonder how much sympathy we will receive from palace fans IF we got into administration .....errrrm errrrrrrrrrrrr sweet fa, they'll be laughing their bollox off, so fark them i say ...although would much prefer it happened to the scum

I must admit its a bit like the chicken and the egg situation, if you had asked me before I'd read some of the bile on here, I would certainly have said I wouldn't wish administration on anyone, but after some of the comments on here, I must admit its made me think twice.

However amongst some of the bile, there have been more reasonable opinions, so I would like to thank them for that, and if the worst does happen, and Charlton do miss promotion, and you do get caught up in administration, then I for one certainly won't be gloating, and my thoughts will be for the kinder more thoughtful fans on here.

This is the nature of things. Some fans from both our clubs will take umbridge at the piss taking, others won't. Some will remember the hurt they felt when our respective clubs were in peril and the bile that came their way, others like myself with friends and family who support Palace are prepared to be more magnanimous. It really depends in the main on the individual experiences.
  • Options
    blimey the admin (admin as in website admin, not the fire sale admin guys) on Homo.net are quick, within 5 minutes of my post going up wishing them well it was deleted and my account banned.
  • Options
    Sh la la la la la la la
    Sh la la la la la la la
    Sh la la la la la la la
    We're laughing yet again
  • Options

There's many Charlton supporters on here that see it the same, but as Oohaah and Steve have also said, there are many Palace fans that would or will be celebrating if you end up the same.

My personal point of view is that fans of clubs such as Palace and Charlton, are similar in many ways and should stick together, but I suppose in recent years there may have been too much history between the clubs, and some fans won't be able to see past that.

Budgie, If we are all honest and banter aside Palace going out of business completely would be terrible for South London football rivalry. I personally hope, for you and the other real Palace fans, you survive this Admin period and we have many more derby matches in the future (as we normally win unlike against Millwall). Surely the 'silverlining' is getting rid of Jordan. Hope some help arrives soon but nobody too rich of course.
  • Options

I guess it's the nature of rivalry. Many Rangers and Celtic fans justify their bigotry by pointing to things that the "other lot" have done, although many others see that aspect of the rivalry, distasteful. Some of us are able to discern that Palace fans that "mocked" us are not necessarily representative of the whole group - and that some of them were motivated by what we did on the last day of Palace's stay in the Premiership. Of course that was all driven by the Selhurst experience and so on...

I'd love to hammer our local rivals on the pitch, but can't take any comfort in their financial downfall.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]How come Palace could only field 3 subs last night. I know they were told Moses couldn't play but i'd assume that as they set off to the north east BEFORE going into admin they went a squad of 20 (11 players, 7 subs and 2 spare in case of late withdrawals) as teams usually do.
    So Palace then named 11 players and only 3 subs. Where did the rest of the squad go to?

That's because there's more than one player up for sale me thinks.
  • Options
    I reckon budgie and son of selhurst are ordinary football fans like me. Like me they're south of the river, and probably family connections led them to Crystal Palace, and they became Palace supporters (that last bit is a mystery to understand, but there you go). Like most ordinary supporters, us included, we are often at the whim of those who hold the purse strings. Like it or not we are similar (althought Addicks have better taste obviously), and we provide footballing opposition to each other from time to time, without each other who would we play against?
    There are some who want to glory in the discomfort of those who feel their team is under threat, some from both clubs, but ultimately it is short sighted to want to see a club die...anyway Budgie and SOS, Palace won't die, we know that, they're just likely to be weakened.
  • Options
    For Budgie, SoS and a couple of Palace fans i know who are actually alright blokes, i feel sorry for them and hope they still have a club to support next year. For Simon Jordan and the c*nts who beat up innocent dads and kids on the train, i hope your club ends up in the Blue Square south with a local derby against Bromley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont want them to go out of business, but anything that prevents them developing or having a chance of success or torments their fans is fine by me.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind losing a South London Derby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I wouldn't mind losing a South London Derby.
    We might get the chance to do that in a few weeks' time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I wouldn't mind losing a South London Derby.

Fixture or match?
  • Options

Oh well, Millwall must be coming up soon, tbh though I thought you'd want to win it though.
  • Options
    Find it startling that all of a sudden how every person from Croydon/ Surrey seems to be posting on forums and facebook etc about saving the club.

Feel sorry for the genuine fans who go regularly but where were all these concerned parties when they were get crowds below 10,000.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Find it startling that all of a sudden how every person from Croydon/ Surrey seems to be posting on forums and facebook etc about saving the club.

Feel sorry for the genuine fans who go regularly but where were all these concerned parties when they were get crowds below 10,000.

"Palace fans are going around Croydon stirring up apathy"
  • Options
    If Palace hadn't perpetuated the myth that we were somehow "saved" by them in the late 1980s, I'd have some sympathy for them. Instead, hell will freeze over before I worry about Palace.

I do feel sorry for their fans, but it's sad that so many were taken in by Simon Jordan. Mind you, I think even Simon Jordan was taken in by Simon Jordan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]

Fixture or match?
    The match, I enjoy getting beaten by Palace and Millwall.
  • Options
    From Fawlty Towers:

O'Reilly: Just remember, Mr. Fawlty, there's always somebody worse off than yourself.
    Basil Fawlty: Is there? Well I'd like to meet him. I could do with a laugh.

There's nothing wrong with having a laugh at someone else's expense, so long as you are prepared to accept being laughed at if the tables are turned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone asked about long term season tickets. My understanding of the law (which i'm not sure is correct) is that while in administration the administrator has to honour contracts which will include season tickets. However when a new buyer comes along (assuming it happens) they will not be bound any of the contracts including honouring season tickets.This would apply to both annual and long term. I think it is true to say that in the past most buyers out of admin have decided it is better to keep supporters goodwill and honoured the deals. It is true though that most admins happen during the summer.
    Employment contracts are treated differently so as to "protect" the employees.
  • Options
    Gotta be honest, i dont understand the business side of things, it bores me to tears. However, Palace have just lost 10 points and their fans are depressed.

I F*CKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Someone asked about long term season tickets. My understanding of the law (which i'm not sure is correct) is that while in administration the administrator has to honour contracts which will include season tickets. However when a new buyer comes along (assuming it happens) they will not be bound any of the contracts including honouring season tickets.This would apply to both annual and long term. I think it is true to say that in the past most buyers out of admin have decided it is better to keep supporters goodwill and honoured the deals. It is true though that most admins happen during the summer.
    Employment contracts are treated differently so as to "protect" the employees.
    Surely there's only an issue if CPFC 200 Ltd is wound up - if money is pumped into it & the company is saved, then the contract will stand as nothing has changed.
  • Options
    I would think that season ticket holders are unsecured creditors of the club. The unsecured creditors get paid out after all the secured creditors, the tax man and the administrators expenses. There isn't usually much left. Therefore the season ticket holders may be lucky to get 4p for every £1 they have spent.

Not sure if season tickets are treated as unsecured creditors. If they bought them with credit cards they should have protection and be able to claim the money back from the credit card company
  • Options
    Palace in Administration?

Oh, no!
    That's terrible news.

Such a paneful situation for The Glaziers, and not all it's cracked up to be.
  • Options
    I could be a window of opportunity though to pick up a couple of their players cheaply.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Palace in Administration?

Oh, no!
    That's terrible news.

Such a paneful situation for The Glaziers, and not all it's cracked up to be.

Ahhh, I can see through your terrible puns......
  • Options
    With the 10 point penalty, they have an Everest to climb now.
  • Options
    They definitely walking a fineline at the moment
  • Options
    This is a very paneful time for the Palace fans.