Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are we on the brink?

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
It is my understanding that we have debts possibly of around £20-25M however only £5M of that is owed to the bank(s) for the redevelopment of the stadium.

I keep hearing assurances from our own fans that it is unlikely the CAFC directors would allow our club to go into Administration as they would lose heavily as a result. We all know that our owners are fans don't we.

However, having read reports about the Palace Administration, it seems Directors and creditors involved in a football club can place the club into Administration.

If let's say one of our Directors is about to go Bankrupt, it would be an easy option to go down this route, after all, the club and facilities are an asset. My fear is that when push comes to shove, having to avoid financial bankruptcy will come before whether you are fan or an owner of a football club. Simon Jordan knows all too well.

I just hope that our board still hold enough wealth to avoid this situation.

Comments

• I think the answer may be pretty simple. Go up, then we will be ok, at least for the forseeable future, dont go up and we're in trouble.

Either way it looks like we need investment.
  • I think it would be foolish to think we are in the clear but remember, we own the ground and we own the training facilities, we probably have about the same amount or a shade more playing assets and we haven't got high interest last-resort lenders with floating and fixed charges all over the place who can call the shots baying for our blood. On the other hand, I don't think Palace even own the furniture outright.
  • Blmey, can you not stick to one thread! the amount of ppl who have put this, click search and im sure you can find a few with some sensible answers
  • [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]I think the answer may be pretty simple. Go up, then we will be ok, at least for the forseeable future, dont go up and we're in trouble.

That sums it up for me. Go up and we need investment to at the very least stay up. Stay down and we'll probably need to sell our best players and get some investment.
  • When the 7 million was invested Murray said that it now doesn`t matter if no investment comes before november or even february. Well its february next week and I can see no hope of new money. I think I am right with the paraphrasing above. I am sure someone will tell me.
  • [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]I think the answer may be pretty simple. Go up, then we will be ok, at least for the forseeable future, dont go up and we're in trouble.

bang on
  • Jason, I don't wish to be unkind but this subject has been dealt with a number of times....particularly following the Richard Murray meeting with fans at The Valley a couple of months back.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Jason, I don't wish to be unkind but this subject has been dealt with a number of times....particularly following the Richard Murray meeting with fans at The Valley a couple of months back.

also if he looks up norwich fan who came on here, there is countless of the threads im sure they'll be easy to find
  • No Sinky Admin??
  • If we get a thread sunk does it mean we are cooool?
  • Sponsored links:

• I dont know lol , i just always assume i am anyways :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]If we get a thread sunk does it mean we are cooool?

Rebel!
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]If we get a thread sunk does it mean we are cooool?

Rebel!

I do like to think of myself as a bit of a maverick.
  • Ok, point taken, I'm fairly new on here and will search the threads before creating a new one, cheers for that.
  • im sure johnnybev is fairly new on here as well jason so please dont worry.

you havent been sunk so take that as a compliment and dont take his rudeness personally.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]No Sinky Admin??

I used to hate kids like this in school !
  • [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]Ok, point taken, I'm fairly new on here and will search the threads before creating a new one, cheers for that.

Yes you weren't to know Jason as you're so new on here.....unfortunately you did happen to choose a subject which has been disected every which way over the last few months or so.
    A perfectly reasonable well thought out post though ........so looking forward to your next one.
  • Anything that highlights the Nigels going into Administration deserves a sticky IMO.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]im sure johnnybev is fairly new on here as well jason so please dont worry.

you havent been sunk so take that as a compliment and dont take his rudeness personally.

Fairly New, i think i joined last June surely i cannot be classed as a newbie still ;-)

Yeah hasn't been sunk so dont worry mate, sorry if i did seem rude just like soundas said this subject has been brought up alot i'd say approx every 2 weeks. please dont hold my rudeness against me, as i was not aware how new you are. and would generally not regard myself as rude, just dont think some times!

Look forward to your next post mate and welcome to the CL Family :-)
  • edited January 2010
    No offence taken at all and thanks to all others for their supportive comments. Currently writing this while at work so it might be the case of Sack for me rather than Sink. I think a sink on here would be preferred to the other. Cheers to all.