Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The offical Superbowl Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Colts by two scores, defence will put Brees under the kosh and Manning will hold his nerve and pick the Saints off
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite] the Colts are just too strong defensively for the Saints and will run up more scores than they will. Promises to be a great game though
    [cite]Posted By: Big C[/cite]Colts will win easy, Manning is too good for the Saints and I think Drew Brees will suffer under the pressure
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I too think Colts will win.
    I reckon Brees will get picked off a few times, whilst Manning has seen it all before.

Good predictions lads!! ;-)
  • Options
    well i'm still none the wiser about what the hell was going on - except the beer was going down to well - think i got to bed at 4am and feel like crap today.

well done the black and gold ones!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wanted the Saints to win, but after having seen the Colts play this season I too thought there'd be no chance.

Gutted fell asleep at 10-3, then only woke up for the Who which was pretty impressive especially compared to some cack pop of recent years. But well pleased Drew and the boys did it.
  • Options
    Will save my yawns for baseball...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]Will save my yawns for baseball...

Will save my yawns for pointless posts.

Oh - er yawn.

Great game until the interception - if Colts had got the score then, could have been first overtime game.
    as it was, The Saints deserved the wind, and Brees certainly stepped up to the mark.
  • Options
    I'm up and down with American football but so are the teams, and when it get's to post season it's quite often class.

The competition of Pro Soccer these days is however incredibly boring, and never matches the post seasons of baseball or American football.
  • Options
    I'm one of the many Brits that don't really follow the game and in all honesty know very little about it but always try and watch the Super Bowl in the same way I try and watch the Stanley Cup games or Wimbledon etc. Last night didn't seem as exciting as the previous year but I still enjoyed it. Thought overall the Saints deserved it. One quick question to those "in the know" How come it always seems to be different teams in the big game and there isn't the domination of a few like we have in Football here? I'll be ignorant to American Football again now for 12 months.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm one of the many Brits that don't really follow the game and in all honesty know very little about it but always try and watch the Super Bowl in the same way I try and watch the Stanley Cup games or Wimbledon etc. Last night didn't seem as exciting as the previous year but I still enjoyed it. Thought overall the Saints deserved it. One quick question to those "in the know" How come it always seems to be different teams in the big game and there isn't the domination of a few like we have in Football here? I'll be ignorant to American Football again now for 12 months.
    Two words: Salary Cap
  • Options
    Well, the draft helps prevent one team dominating, the crap teams from the season get first dibs in the draft, i.e. they can pick the best players. As for last night, well I was wrong! Thought Manning would boss it. To be fair though, He didn't play badly, but Brees was far better. Well done Saints, they thoroughly deserved it. Now, bring on the baseball season :D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm one of the many Brits that don't really follow the game and in all honesty know very little about it but always try and watch the Super Bowl in the same way I try and watch the Stanley Cup games or Wimbledon etc. Last night didn't seem as exciting as the previous year but I still enjoyed it. Thought overall the Saints deserved it. One quick question to those "in the know" How come it always seems to be different teams in the big game and there isn't the domination of a few like we have in Football here? I'll be ignorant to American Football again now for 12 months.
    Two words: Salary Cap

Dont they have draft system as well?
    I will admit I nothing about the game tried watching it last night but its not for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I get the concept of the salary cap and the draft system, but surely other franchise's tap up other players? Do players have the right to turn down a move in the hop they'll get a better one?

Brilliant for New Orleans last night.

It was my first Superbowl as I've always been quite dismissive of the NFL, but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it!
  • Options
    What an interception and sprint though.
  • Options
    No they can't tap up a player in the draft system, a player can only sit out a whole season if they don't want to sign. They may wish to trade but that's usually done strategically say if a team wants a few veterans or future picks and know another teams needs they'll swap. If during their contract, and after a certain ammount of years, they're offered a better contract certain conditions apply such as the bidding team may lose draft picks and the holding team take precedence if they match the offer.
  • Options
    had a tenner on the saints. wooo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]No they can't tap up a player in the draft system, a player can only sit out a whole season if they don't want to sign. They may wish to trade but that's usually done strategically say if a team wants a few veterans or future picks and know another teams needs they'll swap. If during their contract, and after a certain ammount of years, they're offered a better contract certain conditions apply such as the bidding team may lose draft picks and the holding team take precedence if they match the offer.

So are you telling me Jerry Maguire wasnt realistic??!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmmmm, CGJr plays for his team, negotiates with his team and stays with his team!

The trick of an agent is to elicit offers from others, or hint at it to bump the contract, like anywhere else. Besides players have no right to move in the first three years of their NFL career.
  • Options
    Glad I didn't put my money where my mouth was to be honest.

Got a tidy little wedge from Drogba to score anytime, Birmingham to win by a 1 goal margin and a 3 win 1 draw fourfold in La Liga... was so confident in the Colts I was going to shove it all on a shade of odds on to win.

Bloody glad I chose not to!
  • Options
    GO PACKERS!
  • Options
    Difficult one... as a Jets fan I don't particularly want the Steelers to win it as I'm still pissed about a fortnight ago and the shambles that was the AFC Championship game! On the other hand, plenty of mates are Packers' fans so I'll have to put up with them for a year.

Think the Packers will steel it.