Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surely Frivolous?

But will the FA have the balls to increase the punishment when the appeal is just so he can play tonight?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8481114.stm

Comments

• Do you think it is tactically so that he could play tonight in their semi against Man City. Ig he accepted wasn't his ban due to start tonight?? I think that is why he denied it !!
  • It could be tactical to deny it but anyone else but Man U, the player would get another game ban. Man Utd have Villa away in the next 4 so he will be banned for that (in some respects more important than tonight for United), also if the ban is increased he could miss a possible carling cup final. If it is tactics then think they have made a mistake.
  • Think they have Arsenal Sunday too which he'll miss.
  • 4 game ban for Rio
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]4 game ban for Rio

Should have been increased to 6 games.
  • The way he's been playing this season I wonder if Man U wanted the extra game ban for being frivolous with the appeal.
  • Good serves him right. Duck-faced pr*ck.
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Good serves him right. Duck-faced pr*ck.

Classic! :-D
  • [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Good serves him right.Duck-faced pr*ck.

Classic! :-D

"Duck-faced pr*ck" !!
    Laughed out loud so much I woke Mrs MOG up !
  • Pleased he got 4 games, was a blatant elbow and serves United right for appealing. Also good to see that United are treated in same way as everyone else (at least sometimes)
  • Sponsored links:

• He may appeal against his four game ban.
  • United were unavailable to confirm to BBC Sport what their next move would be, but manager Sir Alex Ferguson revealed his displeasure with the disciplinary processes being used by the game's governing body.

"We have to decide whether to appeal because there are conflicting ways in how these decisions are being viewed," he said.

"I watched the game between Leyton Orient and Charlton on Monday and there was an elbow on the Charlton player three times as he was running with the ball."
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]United were unavailable to confirm to BBC Sport what their next move would be, but manager Sir Alex Ferguson revealed his displeasure with the disciplinary processes being used by the game's governing body.

"We have to decide whether to appeal because there are conflicting ways in how these decisions are being viewed," he said.

"I watched the game between Leyton Orient and Charlton on Monday and there was an elbow on the Charlton player three times as he was running with the ball."

£5m bid for Llera as they are a bit short at the back maybe?..:o)
  • merked.jpg
    Apparently they're considering another appeal.
  • Fergie obviously thinks he's passed it and is trying to keep him out for the rest of the season.
  • If they appeal against the extra game, can that also be deemed frivolous and result in a 5 game ban?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]If they appeal against the extra game, can that also be deemed frivolous and result in a 5 game ban?

Yeh, but they will appeal against that.