Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thiery Racon???

2»

Comments

• Options
    just not enough energy for me this guy, despite his rare corker last night, time to move on
  • Options
    I don't manage to get to many games these days,but i have never seen this fella or Semedo for that matter have a decent game in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    you can't really comment then can you if you hardly ever go !!

Racon is about the only playmaker we have in the team , apart from maybe Shelvey. Him & Semedo were one of the main reasons why we started so well this season - played the ball through midfield not over it as we are doing now.

We have looked better recently with Racon back in the side and I'd prefer him to Matt Spring any day of the week which is who we are likely to have playing there if we don't get promotion this season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]I don't manage to get to many games these days,but i have never seen this fella or Semedo for that matter have a decent game in a Charlton shirt.

Thought he was alright last night, there were alot of players out there who did far worse than Racon.
  • Options
    got caught with the ball too many times to mention
  • Options
    Racon isn't a playmaker. Skilful yes and plays a part in attacks, but how often does he create a chance himself or show great vision?

At the moment we need players to battle and Racon doesn't offer that. Shelvey will create more
    and close down more often and better, even if he will make mistakes along the way.
  • Options
    Obviously has talent but I thought he was very sluggish last night and doesn`t show any grit or determination at all. When was the last time he dominated ? No nor can I. Not a playmaker and not a ballwinner. Luxury in this team imho. Reminds me in terms of performance and ability with Ambrose who after being given the correct encouragement and confidence is proving what we always knew but rarely saw....a good player. I fear that whatever is wrong with the management / coaching at Charlton which turned Ambrose from a great prospect into useless tart is working the same magic with Racon.
  • Options
    I know what you mean, he can't seem to play in a 442 as he doesn't offer enough when he doesn't have the ball. Shame he won't play on the left as it suits him more than Bailey but would give him a place in a 442. Not so important now we have Reid though.

Would rather see Shelvey start as at least he offer more energ and closing down, something we didn't have last night.

Point about Ambrose though, he's not really changed, he just has players around him that do the defensive work and create space for him. From what I heard he's still quiet for most of the game, but is scoring more often.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Point about Ambrose though, he's not really changed, he just has players around him that do the defensive work and create space for him. From what I heard he's still quiet for most of the game, but is scoring more often.

I believe Warnock is savvy enough to let a player play to his strengths.

That's how to get the best out of a player, rather than expect him to do things well that he's not good at.
  • Options
    Of course, though we could never do that as Ambrose, Zheng, Thomas, Sam, Rommedahl etc all had those
    same weaknesses. Jensen was never brave or strong in the tackle but Parker, Kinsella, Robinson etc covered that up.

I agree with you and that was the point I was making. Ambrose isn't a
    much better player, he just has the right team around him. People see his goal
    record and assume he now has a better all round game, which isn't true.