Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley chief rues timing of Orient substitutions

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4878463.Valley_chief_rues_timing_of_Orient_substitutions/

Comments

• Options
    Nice to know he reads my threads on here and takes it on board ;-)
  • Options
    Busy press conference then...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    More worried that PP thought we did ok for 65 minutes !!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]More woriied that PP thought we did ok for 65 minutes !!!!!!

Yeah - I should have corrected him on that! I actually thought we weren't too bad up front. Before the subs, I was quite confident we would get back into it as we were creating chances - just missing them. Felt like only a matter of time, but then became a lost cause with the headless chicken Dicko.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Busy press conference then...[/quote]

Not as busy as I thought it would be before the transfer deadline
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]then became a lost cause with the headless chicken Dicko

perhaps you mean the headless dicken Chicko ....?
  • Options
    Parky is man enough to admit to a mistake Big Nose blamed anybody but himself.

Parky is proper Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Big Nose blamed anybody but himself.

Wouldn't fit in well on this board, then
  • Options
    Anything on Youga from the press conferencene News Shopper?
  • Options
    Did not see any mention of Youga on the OS, don't think he plauyed for reserves so may be another week from fitness. A shame imo as would like to see him back asap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Busy press conference then...

Not as busy as I thought it would be before the transfer deadline

I take it from that comment Mr. Newsshopper that your not expecting a lot of business to be done between now and Monday?
  • Options
    Someone mentioned on another thread, that he was chatting to Youga Bear in the clubshop on Monday night.

Something along the lines " .......worse injury than first thought, could be another 4 weeks, really frustrating...."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Someone mentioned on another thread, that he was chatting to Youga Bear in the clubshop on Monday night.

Something along the lines " .......worse injury than first thought, could be another 4 weeks, really frustrating...."

shock horror - addick with innocuous injury in false claims to be 1 week from fitness

why do we get injuries that never seem to heal quickly
  • Options
    Well, Youga did come back to training Christmas week, but got the setback - so I guess it was back to square one.

Knee ligament injuries can be awkward sods to heal.
  • Options
    Like all good managers he takes the pressure of the team by taking some of the criticism, good tactic, but although I though that subbing Deon Burton was a bit strange,the team needed shaking up, on this occassion it did not work,and added nothing...... nothing except make me come to the conclusion that Dickson and Mckenzie are not for me. I know it is hard to come of the bench and make an impact, and that I was one for Dickson last year, but I was wrong as well, sorry the guy did little, and for me has probably had his chance. I think you have to gamble some time, and some time it does not pay off. The subs did not add to the performance, which is of course an easy comment to make after the match, but at least Parky had the honesty to admit to his failings, of course it is how we react to it that matters.......players need to take there chances when selected albeit as a sub.
  • Options
    Well, seeing Parky can't undo the result, performance and timing of his subs on Monday night,
    he can only hold his hands up, and admit he got it wrong. And he did.

Imagine who Pardew would have blamed?

I like the way Parky goes about it. Too many managers slag off their own plays all too easily publicly.
    He'll sort it out when he's not thinking with his bol*cks or blowing steam through his arse.

But he'll have made it clear to the players that the performance on Monday was unacceptable, and he'll decide to change players or tactics accordingly.
  • Options
    Imagine who Pardew would have blamed?

The tea lady?
  • Options
    Wasn't that Dowie, when she nicked his Charlie?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Wasn't that Dowie, when she nicked his Charlie?

Who's Charlie ?
    Another of Dowies signing ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    A friend who watched the game on TV (not a Charlton fan) asked me why we took Burton off. Really was strange and quite early in the second half. Least Parky can admit he made a mistake though and hopefully learn from it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Anything on Youga from the press conferencene News Shopper?[/quote]

Didn't get mentioned mate
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Busy press conference then...[/quote]

Not as busy as I thought it would be before the transfer deadline[/quote]

I take it from that comment Mr. Newsshopper that your not expecting a lot of business to be done between now and Monday?[/quote]

Doesn't look like it the way things stand. Akpo Sodje is someone Parky is obviously keen on but he has to get people out first plus it is likely to be a loan signing, so the deadline for that isn't Monday.
  • Options
    Cheers for the reply Mr.Newsshopper, lets hope you are wrong and we have a flurry of signings for you to announce! ;0)
  • Options
    I think the Burton for Dicko was the only bad sub. Dicko is too raw to come on against a team that was a goal up and was sitting deep enough to eliminate any threat from a quick player.
  • Options
    If we agree that Burton is our No 1 striker, why delay in having the groin op!.... You would have thought that when it was diagnossed he either played though it a'la Jimmy Greaves..... or had the surgery and get back in for the end of the season and the probable play off's. If we are to get automatic promotion, then we need to win games and with our other strikers I am unconvinced we will do this with having essentially a main striker with a concern over an injury.
    Personally speaking I would get this done asap as he will play with the doubt removed from his thoughts, which must be affecting his game. Not that I am convinced we have a ready replacement, but the 'injury' needs to be sorted asap, specially if we go up automatically we need to strenghthen for pre season.

Of course I assume that is why Burton was subbed because of his groin injury!.
  • Options
    Burton was subbed because the manager saw the missed chances and simply thought it just wasn't going to be his night . Fair enough...he was right to act on his gut feelings. But....the way we play, with Burton being SO integral to our shape and fluidity, Parky probably shouldn't ever take him off unless he's injured...especially as the replacements don't especially look up to the job. Mackenzie and Dickson really need to score soon otherwise Parky will only ever use one of them (to replace Mooney).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]If we agree that Burton is our No 1 striker, why delay in having the groin op!.... You would have thought that when it was diagnossed he either played though it a'la Jimmy Greaves..... or had the surgery and get back in for the end of the season and the probable play off's. If we are to get automatic promotion, then we need to win games and with our other strikers I am unconvinced we will do this with having essentially a main striker with a concern over an injury.
    Personally speaking I would get this done asap as he will play with the doubt removed from his thoughts, which must be affecting his game. Not that I am convinced we have a ready replacement, but the 'injury' needs to be sorted asap, specially if we go up automatically we need to strenghthen for pre season.

Of course I assume that is why Burton was subbed because of his groin injury!.

Parky said months ago that Burton's hernia problem is no big deal and he expects him to be able to play the season and get it sorted in the summer.

Parky also said that he had played a full season himself, in the same situation.
  • Options
    Parky also said he took off Burton and Mooney because he wanted forwards with more pace to exploit the space behind Orient's high defensive line.

He's admitted he didn't make the right judgement, in the subs being made too early and with the personnel.
    Reading between the lines, I believe he regretted taking Burton off - as our hold up play ceased to exist from that point.

Ideally, he should have retained Burton and withdrew only Mooney, replacing him with say the pacy Dicko to play off Burton .
  • Options
    That is why covered I originally posted....... You would have thought that when it was diagnossed he either played though it a'la Jimmy Greaves.....

Greavsie is quoted as saying that 'Groin strains. we used to have them , but we played with them' just part of football in those day's........
    I do remember the manager saying to my son.......
    'Tight ham string!, if it was not you would not be fit., so on you go son'.......and he was a winger.......
    I know times change but........