Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Day - Swindon

Comments

• Options
    Where are we all gonna meet. Will be there early doors,any suggestions?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Apologies for sounding like OohAahMortimer and trotting out the same old tired stuff about our away support. However, just been on the phone to box office who tell me we've only sold 900 for tomorrow. Hopefully a couple of hundred extra will turn up on the day, but even so this seems remarkably poor to me. 3 games without a win and the football's been a bit ropey the last couple of weeks, but we've not been playing "Total Football" all season, just grinding out results.

It's a relatively local game against a side in the top six, we're 3rd in the table and have lost 3 games all season. They must have brought around 900 to us and they only get 7k at home games. Should be taking 2k to these games easily - have we got the most fickle support in the country?!

sounds like 1000 with a few pay on the day

I wouldn't describe Swindon as local so not too shabby IMO

presumably plenty of people saving themselves for our trip to the Den next month!
  • Options
    think the Merlin seems the popular choice Pal
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]presumably plenty of people saving themselves for our trip to the Den next month!

Saving up to leave the country that weekend more like ;-)

In all seriousness, 1000 to somewhere you can get to in under an hour from Paddington is pants again! Form guts our numbers, if we'd have won our last couple of games, you could have added 500 or the best part of a 1000 to that.

Bring on the four hour trip down from South Yorkshire!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    Bring on the four hour trip down from South Yorkshire!

And the four hour trip up from Cornwall!
  • Options
    That's the spirit gents!

Agree with ISawLeaburnScore - form seems to have a significant effect on the amount that travel. Obviously you expect that to a certain extent, last season you'd expect numbers to be poor - it's no fun watching your side get beat week in, week out. But to take these numbers when we're third in the table is just plain wrong - seem to have hit a sticky patch recently, yet when the team needs us most we desert them.
  • Options
    Is it really four hours from Cornwall Oggy... blimey

Do you go through Border Control? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]yet when the team needs us most we desert them.

But often those numbers of our away fans make more noise and create a better Charlton atmosphere, than we get at The Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Is it really four hours from Cornwall Oggy... blimey

lol

It's an hour from home to get to Plymouth station for the London train, change at Westbury, change at Bristol.
    If I wait for the Bristol/Birmingham/Newcastle service, I won't have much drinking time before the match.

I'll be leaving home at 07;50, bus, ferry, bus, 3 x train - arrive Swindon at 12:27.

Come On You Addicks!
  • Options
    Agreed on that front, it is often the case that there's a better atmosphere when there's a few hundred hardcore without all the fairweather brigade. However, I would also point out that Parky and some of the players have frequently referred back to Orient away this season and the boost that seeing 3,500 Charlton in the away stand gave them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Is it really four hours from Cornwall Oggy... blimey

lol

It's an hour from home to get to Plymouth station for the London train, change at Westbury, change at Bristol.
    If I wait for the Bristol/Birmingham/Newcastle service, I won't have much drinking time before the match.

I'll be leaving home at 07;50, bus, ferry, bus, 3 x train - arrive Swindon at 12:27.

Come On You Addicks!

Sod that for a laugh! I'm leaving at 08.15, get down Sheffield station for the 08.50 and get some breakfast to go, swing by Cheltenham Spa and get in just after noon, plot up and watch David Moyes cry and then get behind the mighty reds!
  • Options
    Oggy are you going to get in the Merlin? For thoses that do not have tickets the ticket office opens at 1145 or you can pay cash on the day
  • Options
    to many other important things to do this weekend, plus we've been shite in the last few home games so I'm not re-arranging my whole weekend around the possibility we might snatch a draw at that dump.

....and yes I've had a drink!
  • Options
    Got a feeling we'll get spanked, hope those that go enjoy it... I got a feeling the last few games the fans have been making more effort than the players :-(
  • Options
    Right definitely going to this now, COYR!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]Oggy are you going to get in the Merlin? For thoses that do not have tickets the ticket office opens at 1145 or you can pay cash on the day

Hi Pal,

If the Merlin is the place to be, that's good enough for me!
    That's the one on the roundabout, right?

Got my ticket already.

Cheers, mate - see you tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Will be heading for the Merlin, get the first in by 12.15
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Will be heading for the Merlin, get the first in by 12.15

Nice one, Ross!

Reading this thread, just starting to get that tingle of anticipation in my belly. ;o)
  • Options
    it's most probably indigestion Oggy... there aint nothing to anticipate ;-)
  • Options
    I should add first drink in a glass, the cans will be flowing before that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Planning to buy on the door. Do we know if initial 1000 was sold. If so do we get extra tickets??
  • Options
    good question there mate, it says there are 200 extra seats in that stand so they will be availbale I assume. Not sure they'd bother openeing the end stand for a few people though.
  • Options
    anyone who wants to get in will get in !!
  • Options
    Tickets for Charlton's away match against Swindon Town on Saturday, February 6th (3pm) are on general sale.

The Addicks have an initial 1,000 places in the covered Arkells stand, with a further 200 covered and 2,100 uncovered seats potentially available.

Tickets are priced £22 adults, £15 over 60s and U21s, and £9 U16s. Those prices will also apply on the day, except U21s, who will pay £22.
  • Options
    Yep going to the Merlin
  • Options
    anyone know roughly how far the merlin is from station?????
  • Options
    Late decision to go, I will be driving up and paying on the door.
  • Options
    On my way, revved for this, will be in the Merlin midday, about 10 mins from the station apparently.
  • Options
    En route. Missus is driving, I'm on CL. Dropping off the missus and youngest, picking up father in law and then getting to the pub!

RED ARRRRRRRRRRRMY!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]En route. Missus is driving, I'm on CL. Dropping off the missus and youngest, picking up father in law and then getting to the pub!

RED ARRRRRRRRRRRMY![/quote]

is danny dire with ya!?