Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any parents of cubs on here?

edited February 2010 in Not Sports Related
Been asked to do a CRB check just to pick up and drop off our littlun, what next? School? playgrounds? Surely this isn't right?

Comments

• Options
    Had the same with Beavers my response was that the leader has known me since I was one and so she could fill it out for me if she wanted
  • Options
    aye but I'm not helping out with kids I am transporting and collecting my child, my response will be not be so polite.
  • Options
    Is it wise to let you near Beavers?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]aye but I'm not helping out with kids I am transporting and collecting my child, my response will be not be so polite.[/quote]

Surely thats not right. Can understand it if you are taking other kids too but if its your own kids, that really does take the mickey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Been asked to do a CRB check just to pick up and drop off our littlun, what next? School? playgrounds? Surely this isn't right?
    Am I missing something? They want to do a CRB check on you to allow you to come and pick up your own child? I've obviously misunderstood something...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Is it wise to let you near Beavers?

no not really but seeing as I have not had a CRB they do not know that
  • Options
    It's a 'local rules' thing which some districts operate as an extension to the existing rule book. Sadly, scouting et al does attract paedophiles and I do know that some districts have had 'scares' and police advice on a parent. The local group can't single one parent out for a CRB and hence go for the 'gold cover' blanket approach, probably more to do with them covering their own backs in that they wish to be seen as having done everything they possibly could have done, regardless of the efficacy of their rules.
  • Options
    I got to the bottom of this, it seems only helpers need to do CRBs, shame they didn't mention this in their letter.