Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Torres to Manchester City

TalkSport have announced this morning that there is a rumour circulating concerning a potential move for Fernando Torres to Manchester City for up to £100m in the summer.

Obviously, this is just wild speculation at the moment, but a move like that would represent a seismic shift in Premiership football; make City a real candidate for the title next season; and almost certainly kick-off a managerial merry-go-round (with £100m, Liverpool could afford to get rid of Benitez and afford to give a newmanager some funds to splash; and Benitez would bite their hands off).

Does a £100m transfer make sense for City, Liverpool, Torres and Benitez?

Comments

• Options
    So it is a confirmed wild, speculative rumour? How interesting...;-)
  • Options
    so its not confirmed, is it :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Confirmed there is a rumour?

Let's make up our own and see if we can get it "Confirmed" by Talk sport.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TalkSport is confirmed to be a village of morons led by the semi-permeable orange ogre Alan of Brazil.
  • Options
    Stopped reading at Talksport.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Stopped reading at Talksport.
    I agree. I am going to start listening to the Sun and the Mirror instead.
  • Options
    He might go - that then gives them money to get in Mourinho once Rafa is snapped up by Juventus.

He won't want to stay once Rafa goes anyway.

Liverplol will have a mass change in the summer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Stopped reading at Talksport.
    I agree. I am going to start listening to the Sun and the Mirror instead.

Good luck.
  • Options
    for £100m they could have Gerrard as well.
  • Options
    Assuming the rumours were true then they'd be mad not to accept 100m. 100m is too much money for any player, let alone a player who has been injured a fair bit recently.
    With that they could buy a lot of top players and rebuild their side. Players like Upson, Parker, Carlton Cole, David Silva, di Maria and they'd still have money left over.
    The rumour would only come close to being true if City make the top 4 anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I were Torres I'd go. Not just for the money but I'm assuming he came to England to win trophies? Liverpool are finished under Benitiez and Man City have a better future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]With that they could buy a lot of top players and rebuild their side. Players like Upson, Parker, Carlton Cole, David Silva, di Maria and they'd still have money left over.
    Surely Liverpool's ambitions are a bit higher than that lot? Upson, Parker and Cole are helping to take West Ham down - would they help re-build a Premiership-winning, European contender?
  • Options
    Slow news day at Talkshite then
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]With that they could buy a lot of top players and rebuild their side. Players like Upson, Parker, Carlton Cole, David Silva, di Maria and they'd still have money left over.
    Surely Liverpool's ambitions are a bit higher than that lot? Upson, Parker and Cole are helping to take West Ham down - would they help re-build a Premiership-winning, European contender?

I think those 3 would get into a lot of premiership sides. West Ham are sh*t because of their other players, wasters like Faubert, Spector and Behrami, not because of the likes of Parker and Cole.
  • Options
    TEAM WITH LOTS OF MONEY MIGHT BUY GOOD PLAYER, LIVING LOCALLY, AT FUTURE STAGE?

They've got some amazing sources
  • Options
    Mancini has confirmed that Manchester City are looking into bringing Torres in. Figures stated are bid over £50 million and weekly earnings of about £200,000 for Torres.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/22/man-city-50m-bid-torres
  • Options
    If Liverpool sold Torres it would undo Benitez's only real achievement since he joined the club turning them from a one man team into a two man team.

If Liverpool get bought out this Summer think he'll stay mind.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]If Liverpool sold Torres it would undo Benitez's only real achievement since he joined the club turning them from a one man team into a two man team.

If Liverpool get bought out this Summer think he'll stay mind.

Benitez might even be off himself this summer to Juventus or Real Madrid. That combined with the uncertainty of who the Yanks will sell the club to, no Champions League football next season, the chance of doubling his annual salary from £5m to £10m and properly challenging for the title next year all add up to Man City with Torres in 4 months time imo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]TalkSport have announced
    I stopped reading at this point
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]it would undo Benitez's only real achievement
    2 CL finals with one win?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]If I were Torres I'd go. Not just for the money but I'm assuming he came to England to win trophies? Liverpool are finished under Benitiez and Man City have a better future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Is is not 4 finals with only 1 win ?
  • Options
    Torres is arguably the best centre forward in the world. Therefore he should be playing for one of the best clubs and winning trophies. Liverpool are not that club. He could walk into any side in the world. Imagine him at Barca!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Is is not 4 finals with only 1 win ?

No It's 4 Finals with 1 win & No league Titles or runners up in six attempts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]runners up

are we not counting last season then?
  • Options
    Benitez out Pardew in!