Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keeping 4 year old kids entertained in London - ideas needed

edited February 2010 in Not Sports Related
I'm in need of ideas how to keep two 4 year olds entertained in London on a Monday.

I'm supposed to be meeting up with a close pal and his daughter in Central London next Monday and the pair of us are struggling to come up with a decent idea of where to go or what to do. Obviously preferable to be indoors rather than outdoors so dont have to rely on the weather and we done the London Aquarium last year, so thats out really.

Anyone got any good suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    If they like dinosaurs, you could take them to see dinosaurs unleased, on oxford street.
  • Options
    If they like beer you could take them to the pub.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/visitmuseum/agegroups/under_5s.aspx

Have a look at this - Friend in work took her 4 year old last year and they loved it :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/visitmuseum/agegroups/under_5s.aspx

Have a look at this - Friend in work took her 4 year old last year and they loved it :o)

Can you take me for Valentines Day?!? :-)
  • Options
    Since when have you been UNDER 5?!?!?!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Since when have you been UNDER 5?!?!?!

;o)

mental age is about 2 & a half as you well know! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Since when have you been UNDER 5?!?!?!

;o)

There is a rude answer to that but I think I will leave it : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/visitmuseum/agegroups/under_5s.aspx

Can you take me for Valentines Day?!? :-)

Only take him if he can provide photographic proof of clandestine meetings at The O2
  • Options
    i took my 6 year old nephew to HMS Belfast, he absolutely loved it and still says it was his best day out. not sure if 4 is a bit young for it though.
  • Options
    London Transport Museum in Covent Garden was always popular with my boy when he was about 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Emirates Stadium tour?
  • Options
    Get an XBOX :)

Seriously try the Natural History or Science Museums
  • Options
    you wont
    belive it [by piccadilly circus ] i can give you a voucher that gives you money off amd a goody bag for kids

london dungeon ;tooley st london bridge
    clink musem [clink st london bridge]
    war museum [lambeth rd]
    nat history museum kensington
    the canery wharf ice rink [only there for another week]
    trocadea piccadilly circus
    tate moden southbank
    planet hollywood covetry st

billy elliot afternoon show [opp victoria stn]
    lion king cathrine st off the strand

hope this helps
  • Options
    Take them to watch Charlton ..Oooops sorry you said entertaining ;-)
  • Options
    i'd say science museum everytime, there is a great learn by play area on the ground and throughout the museum there are things to touch and try out, I took a group of 15 children from age 1-15 there a few years ago and they all loved it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone, we had been toying with the Science Museum and it appears everyone seems to be in agreement too.
  • Options
    One thing I'd say about the Science Museum is that in school holidays it is heaving, so might be worth checking London term dates to make sure your trip doesn't coincide.