Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The new Morecambe badge.

0,,10866~8475699,00.jpg
C'mon you shrimps!

Comments

• Options
    Listen teh meh prawn!

district-9_jpg_595x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg
  • Options
    Worst Football badge of all time?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    These guys won't like it - http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/
  • Options
    Prawn again Christians at Morcambe....?
  • Options
    "Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There, uh, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole... shrimp gumbo, panfried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp... shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... that's, that's about it. "
  • Options
    Whats the difference between a Shrimp and a Prawn ?
  • Options
    Theres something more to this than meets the eye. I smell something fishy......

TAXI
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Whats the difference between a Shrimp and a Prawn ?

Crustaceans are Arthropods that have an ecoskeleton (like a permanent suit of armour). It's not water tight however, which differentiates them from insects. Crustaceans also have gills and a special aquatic larval stage.
    Dividing Crustaceans up gives us 6 classes. Basically, these groups cover:
    * Copepods (planktonic swimmies)
    * Ostrocods (small marine swimmies)
    * Branchiopods (brine shrimp and Daphnia)
    * Barnacles
    * Branchiurans (parastic)
    * Malacostracans (lobster, crabs, woodlice etc.)
    It's the Malaconstracans you've asked about, so they divide even further (a very diverse group!)
    Here we have Isopods, Amphipods and Decapods. It's the Decapods (meaning 10 legs) that contain all the lobsters, crabs, shrimp and prawns.
    So, Mantis shrimp, king prawns, and snapping shrimp are all Decapods
    (think of that classic "prawn" body plan - long slender body with lots of
    legs and the head at the front with all the antennae). They're all quite
    closely related - at least with respect to their "order". After "order",
    we divide organisms up into "family", then "genus" and "species".
    Prawns and shrimp are very closely related - belonging to the same order (Decapoda). Both can occur in marine, estuarine and freshwater
    environments, depending in the species in question.
    What are prawns?
    They are small 'crustaceans' (like crabs and lobsters) found in both marine and fresh water environments around the world. Two main groups of prawn are produced commercially: small 'caridean' prawns (from tropical and temperate waters) and larger 'penaeid' prawns (from tropical and subtropical waters).
    What's the difference between a prawn and a shrimp?
    The distinction between prawns and shrimps can be confusing. In some countries the bigger penaeid species are referred to as 'prawns' and smaller carideans as 'shrimp'. In other parts of the world (such as some areas of the USA), this differentiation is the other way around. As many people use the words shrimp and prawn interchangeably, EJF makes no distinction between the two.
    A shrimp is a shrimp; a prawn is, well, a shrimp. The two words are used interchangeably in markets and restaurants everywhere. The textbooks may agree that a shrimp is a shrimp, but many people (and quite a few cookbooks) refer to this most popular of shellfish as a prawn.
    Some people say the difference is size. In many parts of the country, small and medium shrimp are sold simply as shrimp, while large, extra-large, and jumbo shrimp are called prawns. Unfortunately, this "rule" doesn't always hold. In some areas, all shrimp, small and large, are sold as shrimp, while in other regions, all you'll find are prawns. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations has attempted to clear things up with definitions of its own.
    According to the FAO, a shrimp is a saltwater crustacean and a prawn is a freshwater crustacean.
    So according to me.... They're basically the SAME.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Whats the difference between a Shrimp and a Prawn ?

There are no shrimps in a game of chess
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they forgot the slice of lemon, some lettace, seafood sauce......

Still if it brings some sunshine....
  • Options
    The first idea of a dead chinease illegal immergrant reaching out for a life bhoy only got 77 votes...

I'm so going to hell for that one...
  • Options
    Thanks GA !
    well, I did ask..............
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The first idea of a dead chinease illegal immergrant reaching out for a life bhoy only got 77 votes....

quality.
  • Options
    Leave my second team alone. You're not wrong though.
  • Options
    I like it (the badge that is).

I won't eat arthropods if I can avoid it, though.
  • Options
    How many other teams have had shrimps as their nickname...?
  • Options
    Southend?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The first idea of a dead chinease illegal immergrant reaching out for a life bhoy only got 77 votes...

I'm so going to hell for that one...
    For what - the joke, or the spelling?