Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Buying Books/DVDs online

This is a very long shot but here goes... basically I'm trying to find a good website for when Play, Amazon etc. don't do the job i.e. with out of print, rare, international (my focus is on Catalan/Spanish literature) used or new books... at the moment my best hope is shipping from the USA through a seller on Amazon which isn't really ideal.

I'm also looking for a website for international films on DVD, one of the films I'm looking for is available from a seller on Amazon for over £25 which is obviously completely mental for a round bit of plastic.

So any ideas please?

Cheers for any help that anyone can offer.

Comments

• Options
    This will not be the best bit of advice you will get but maybe worth a go, try emailing the seller who wants £25 quid and see if there is any chance of a reduction. Also in an email put what you have above (what you are interested in etc) as they may be able to help locate what you are after, certainly with the films as if they have one they may know where to get the other.
  • Options
    May be worth looking on other amazon marketplace sites, for example amazon france, amazon.fr as there may be more sellers with lower costs including postage.

For books I usually go to abe books, abebooks.co.uk
  • Options
    Thommo that website is exactly what I needed, found the first book I need on there in about 30 seconds... stick this on the "why I love this site" thread!

Cheers!
  • Options
    Have you tried Playusa.com for your DVDs?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]Have you tried Playusa.com for your DVDs?

Had a look just now, but no joy
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    what about secondspin.com - a usa site for used CDs/DVDs? Never tried it myself, but it was recommended by a reliable mate.

for books, old books link
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Thommo that website is exactly what I needed, found the first book I need on there in about 30 seconds... stick this on the "why I love this site" thread!

Cheers![/quote]

Thats great
  • Options
    if you've got an ebay account you can put in a search alert for unusual items and you get an email when someone lists them internationally, found a few hard to find items this way
  • Options
    I like abebooks ISLS:

Abebooks
  • Options
    I suppose I should read the thread before posting - Good to see you've found the site and it's useful - I love Abebooks personally.