Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I expected more Pards

Just read ceefax of Pard's comments that a) We were beaten by better side that wanted it more and we had too many key players out.Well fuck me but didn't they have 2 regular first teamers sent off against Oldham on Monday.

b) He will make sure we will be stronger against Boro.Well that should please the 1200 diehards whom went up to Forest (i wasn't one of them).

Well Pards what i want to hear is a)That pile of shit wasn't acceptable and I expect reserve players on 6k a week to be able to beat a 1st division team,let only 1st team players on 20k.

b)These players will be in at 6 in the morning for 8 hours working on their deficencies (if i have spelt this wrong then im sorry but on second bottle of red plonk trying to dumb the pain).Love the club hate the players.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Just read ceefax of Pard's comments that a) We were beaten by better side that wanted it more and we had too many key players out.

No Pards - we were beaten by a team that played football while our so-called established Premiership side fart arsed around. Pards - give all the playing staff a huge pay cut. Pay them no more than National Minimum Wage
  • Options
    To be fair to Pards, his in-depth post match comments on the OS are more like we want to here.

Those "straight after the game" comments are rarely interesting or informative, and often sound scripted.
  • Options
    "In terms of setting the tone for game we couldn't have approached it any worse.

"We lost the first eight headers of the game all over the park and whatever level you play at you can't afford to do that.”

"I don't think our approach was wrong today,” he added. "You've got to win your battles all over the pitch and we were losing too many of those today.”

"In the second half we huffed and puffed and attempted to retrieve the situation although we were always liable to stuff on the break.

"I thought in the second half we were a lot better but of course the game was always going to be difficult when they packed their defence and defended very deep.

"I wouldn't be too critical about the second half, it was in the first half that the game got away from us.”

"I will keep my own counsel about some things I learned today but I did learn whenever you play a game like this, going down a level or so, is that you need your quality players and we missed a bit of quality today.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    You missed the important bit:
    [cite]Pards on the official site[/cite]""I'd also like to think one or two players will recognise that the performance they put in today wasn't good enough for this club and certainly not good enough for the standards I like to set.

"And they either respond or I'm afraid they won't find themselves anywhere near the first team.”

Sadly, in one or two cases, I don't think he will be able to carry out his threat, unless we are going to be playing Lloyd Sam and one of the youth team lads up front.
  • Options
    ^^^^That is the bit I was on about, plus this - "You learn a lot in a game and I learned a lot today, especially in the first half, about this team."

The rest is mostly "managerial textbook" bollocks - He's not going to let rip on the squad in public.