Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why don't we have smileys on here?

edited February 2010 in Not Sports Related
Is there a valid reason? or just a personal preference?

Just wondered because sometimes I find a pic tells a thousand words - or raises a smile

Comments

• Options
    Personally, think they're annoying
  • Options
    Smileys are crap - they make the page look untidy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]Personally, think they're annoying
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Smileys are crap - they make the page look untidy.

Two good reasons.

You can always do this : - ) but those yellow things are naff. Sort of thing you find on other sites but they just aren't CL
  • Options
    We try to keep it as 'clean' as possible, ie, no smilies, no large avatars etc.

As well as them being annoying and space consuming, most people view during the day from work and don't appreciate stuff on their screen that draws attention.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]We try to keep it as 'clean' as possible, ie, no smilies, no large avatars etc.

As well as them being annoying and space consuming, most people view during the day from work and don't appreciate stuff on their screen that draws attention.
    You mean like the 'would ya's' for example...
  • Options
    I did say we 'try'.......
  • Options
    God lovers a tryer....just_say_no_to_smileys_sticker-p217703568292866351q0ou_400.jpg
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the responses

you miserable old buggers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Just wondered because sometimes I find a pic tells a thousand words - or raises a smile
    post-5758-1225601204.gifspaz.gif
  • Options
    Also, i'm not sure if some are aware, there are seven different styles in which you can view the forum.

Click on 'Account' near the top of the page, then under 'Account Options' is the option to 'Change Stylesheet'. Select the different options to see which one suits you best.

The @work one is helpful for those that don't want to have bold colours on their workscreen, though slightly bland. The one i use is the 2nd to last one, listed as 'default' which is a white background with sky blue writing and i find as both viewable and discreet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, i never knew that!....im a Charlton Life default man myself.
  • Options
    You can tell who goes onto f365!

Can't get on there anymore - used to seriously addicted to that place. Do Friday Paint Threads still exist?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You can tell who goes onto f365!

Can't get on there anymore - used to seriously addicted to that place. Do Friday Paint Threads still exist?

they do.

I was badly addicted to it a few years back - I check it out a few times a day now just to keep abreast of stuff and to see what's "Bill"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Well, i never knew that!....im a Charlton Life default man myself.

All true Charlton fans are.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Friday Paint Threads
    3.gif
  • Options
    this is one of the reasons i like charltonlife.

none of those stupid icons or those huge big avatars with little deep and meaningful sayings at the end - load of shite. you just write want you want to write and if need be you can add a little :-) or :-( now and again to clarify your position.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]this is one of the reasons i like charltonlife.

none of those stupid icons or those huge big avatars with little deep and meaningful sayings at the end - load of shite. you just write want you want to write and if need be you can add a little :-) or :-( now and again to clarify your position.

or a :-O
    or even :-) , :o)
    :o), :o(
    :-P

and so on....
  • Options
    So who else here posts on the Charlton Thread on F365?

I do, but who am I ;-)
  • Options
    I used to be ChickenMan many moons ago - not been on there for 2/3 years now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am butters.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Also, i'm not sure if some are aware, there are seven different styles in which you can view the forum.

1, Optimistic.
    2, Pesimistic.
    3, Happy.
    4, Miserable.
    5, With your Carer.
    6, Sober.
    7, Pi55ed (my personal favourite)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I used to be ChickenMan many moons ago - not been on there for 2/3 years now.

why? anything to do with your legs?
  • Options
    Lol - it's appropriate but that was just a completely random name!
  • Options
    Isn't the real reason because we've got nothing to be happy about?
  • Options
    I wondered where you clucked of to....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I ambutters.jpg

Awoogatron!
  • Options
    I have a smiley badge on my bag. I would prefer a Charlton Life badge but they are sold out so I'm told. Anyone know when the new ones are in ? ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I have a smiley badge on my bag. I would prefer a Charlton Life badge but they are sold out so I'm told. Anyone know when the new ones are in ? ;0)
    Just get a biro and draw one on....
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited February 2010
    My username is a Charlton legend on there.....