Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alexander McQueen RIP

sad news of the fashion designer taking his own life at just 40

RIP

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news. Such a talented designer.
  • Options
    Bloody hell that's shocking news innit
  • Options
    Who ? RIP
  • Options
    I have met Alexander McQueen. Nice bloke. He's the cousin of a close friend. Really sad news

RIP
  • Options
    Sad news. Waste of a talent - not that i know anything about haute couture but even i knew his name.

God love him .
  • Options
    RIP

Always came over on the TV as a decent ordinary bloke doing well for himself.
  • Options
    This could be the end for umbrella hats

alexander-mcqueen-f-w-09-courtesy-of-coutorture.jpg
  • Options
    Knew a few friends who used to cross paths with him, they said he was a nice guy quite shy and quite unlike most designers who are always ripping off underlings ideas without giving any praise out.

RIP
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    God bless his soul, but when was the last time you saw a woman wearing a lamp shade on her head, a white painted face, and lips and outer mouth covered with grey lip stick? Don't make sense to me. Perhaps he designs for Dr Who?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My knowledge of fashion extends to jeans or shorts out of work, a suit or smart trousers for work but my daughter tells me that this guy was at the pinnacle of his profession.

I just think it tragic that he felt so alone, bereft and unable to speak to anybody about his distress that he had to take such a final course of action. In material (pun unintended given that he was a fashion designer) terms he seemed to have it all.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    I sold some water effect lighting to him (London branch-Clerkenwell) 2 weeks ago, now he's dead!!!! Hope he got to see the window display

RIP
  • Options
    Allegedly wrote on a scrap of cloth "I'm a c*nt" and then sewed it into the lining of a suit he was making for Prince Charles.
  • Options
    I doubt Prince Charles will know who BFR is, let alone what kind of person you are, so it would be a pointless thing to do and probably at the 'not at all' end of the 'allegedly' scale
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Allegedly wrote on a scrap of cloth "I'm a c*nt" and then sewed it into the lining of a suit he was making for Prince Charles.

thats deep..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHOICE Tv[/cite]I sold some water effect lighting to him (London branch-Clerkenwell) 2 weeks ago, now he's dead!!!! Hope he got to see the window display

RIP

Hope he paid you and not by cheque as his account will now be frozen !