Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eastenders live!

Right this is probably as silly post, but i haven't seen eastenders for about 10 years at least. maybe the odd episode but dont watch it as religously as i used to

Just heard an advert saying that they are doing a live episode for some reason i now want to watch it, thing is i wont have a clue what its about. but surely got to be worth watching to see if you notice any screw ups and how good the actors are

what does everyone else think and when is it?

Comments

• Options
    I think its next Friday, 19th isnt it?

Corrie and The Bill have had live episodes done before, not sure if 'Enders has been done live before though.
  • Options
    EastEnders star Charlie G. Hawkins has predicted that the soap's forthcoming live episode could be a "crazy" night for the show's cast and crew.

The actor told PA that while his character Darren Miller does not have any lines in the 25th anniversary production, he is pleased "just to be a part" of the special instalment.

Discussing his expectations for the night, Hawkins continued: "Normally we get time to do it, get a few takes and get to rehearse a lot but this is going to be running from studio to studio. If we've got a scene inside the Vic and then we've got to be outside, it's going to be crazy."

The 18-year-old also joked that Darren would surprise everyone by being revealed as Archie Mitchell's killer in the climactic episode.

He laughed: "I just do everything on the Square - got Heather pregnant, killed Archie. It's me! No-one suspects me, that's why it's going to be such a great live show."

EastEnders' live episode will air on February 19 and feature the climax to the drama's 'Who Killed Archie?' mystery.
  • Options
    Yeah it's next friday, it's the when we finally get to find out who killed Archie Mitchell (Larry Lamb), a storyline which has been dragging on since xmas.

The live show is to mark their 25th anniversary.
  • Options
    Whilst the audience find out the killer on Friday, I dont think the residents of the square find out who did it for a bit longer.
  • Options
    It must surely be on some delay, otherwise there could be a few of the crap actors caught out.
  • Options
    apparantly there are back-up tapes to play incase it goes very wrong although the producers have promised they will not be covering up missed lines or bloopers by individual actors. so what are the back-up tapes for???
  • Options
    if its "live" how can they use back up tapes, the cock up will be seen anyway. big brother is 10-15 behind when its "live", probably the same
  • Options
    Just designed a cover wrap with the cast of eastenders for the bbc newspaper I work on, sort of swang song really I am leaving in March. Dirty Den,Dot Cotton, Frank Butcher..... collectors item surely should be worth 10p in 10 years time.....
    Mind you it is free at the moment......
    '
    The live transmission I am told centres around the ' murderer' of little 'Larry Lamb' or has it has been dubbed 'the silence of the lamb'....