Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rebuilding?

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
If I was Pardew i would have a list by now with the following on it.......

Sell for rebuilding as someone might buy them

Young
D Bent

Gonna be useful next season be it in Prem or Championship - and face it if we stay up we have no more than 3 Premier league quality players

Borat (Championship only)
Hughes (Championship only)
Hermann (Championship only)
Reid (Prem & Championship)
Sankofa (Championship only)
Thomas (Championship only)
Gibbs (Championship only)
Randolph (Championship only)
Walker (Championship only)
Ashton (Championship only)
Gislason (Championship only)
Sam (Championship only)
Walton (Championship only)
Youga (Championship only)

Get rid ASAP whatever the cost

Romm
M Bent
Faye
Traore
Diawara
Fortune
Lisbie
JFH
Ambrose
Sorondo
Kishishev
Holland

Comments

• Options
    I thought you loved Holland the other day, make your mind up

:)

Problem is without a decent spine to the team some players are gonna look worse than they would perhaps otherwise. Having said that I agree with the above list, except for Romm Sorondo Diawara.
  • Options
    He will be 33 soon - too old for the Championship in the position he plays
  • Options
    I would also stick Hughes and Borat in room 101
  • Options
    I think there are a few contracts up at the end of the season - Romm, Hughes, El Kak, possibly JFH was an inital one year? - but there are a fair few with a while to run.

M Bent came in last January on a three and a half year deal, and no doubt on very good money, so is he going to be in a rush to go anywhere?
    Think Traore and Faye got three years each, Fortune signed a new three-year deal in the summer, and God knows how long we gave Sorondo.

Not sure how our wage structure compares with other clubs we used to share the middle of the table with, but all we heard in the summer was how players had chosen us over other clubs - suggesting that we're quite good payers.
    Don't think we can force them to leave - remember Winston Bogarde at Chelsea? - and we're not going to get much for any of them now. Nightmare.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sorondo is on a two year deal.

I think you're being a bit harsh on some of the younger players, Randolph for me is a Premiership keeper in the making, Walton and a couple of others would probably make it in the Premiership, and would be the spine of a future team.

Randolph or Mads Nielsen, Basey, Stuanton, Arter, Walton, Stokes. Build the next five years round those kids
  • Options
    Along with the "Top 10 Position"/"Europe" bonuses (haha!), you'll probably find there is the facility in their contracts to reduce players wages if we go down - and possibly even terminate contracts.