Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Invictus

Thinking of going to see it this evening. Anyone seen it?

Comments

• Options
    Good film but rugby action obviously not to realistic as done by yanks
  • Options
    Morgan's accent is mental. Why not use locals or just do it in American accents?
  • Options
    I thought it was pretty bad. Never really got going. Went with a kiwi fella, huge rugby fan. Apparently the action and plays are very similar to what actually happened... still a poor film imo.
  • Options
    Well that was rubbish!
  • Options
    Conversely, just watched Apocalypto on the box: what a movie that is!
  • Options
    I liked it a lot.
  • Options
    Strange how there's no mention of the New Zealand team mysterious bout of ilness the day before the game.
  • Options
    Saw it Saturday ... enjoyed it but the rugby action left a lot to be desired.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Saw it Saturday ... enjoyed it but the rugby action left a lot to be desired.

Trying to think of a sport film where the action is realistic!
  • Options
    Raging Bull.

ESPN America running a number of sports documentaries to mark their 30th Anniversary this week.

Showing Barry Levinson's film about the Baltimore Colts marching band which was left high and dry when the Colts moved overnight to Indianapolis but kept going on for 13 years until the Baltimore Ravens came into existance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Raging Bull.

Yep, I'll go along with that. If memory serves me right, it's more stylised than actually trying to look realistic and as such works better. The b&w may help in this regard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Saw it Saturday ... enjoyed it but the rugby action left a lot to be desired.

I thought Friday night lights with billy bob thornton was pretty realistic looking.
  • Options

Escape to Victory ;-)
  • Options
    Dodgeball
  • Options
    Cool Runnings