Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I'm in two minds about Pauline Hanson

edited February 2010 in Not Sports Related
On the one hand, I can't help thinking that we don't want to encourage this sort of person to come and live in this country.

On the other hand, that is exactly the type of thought that makes her the sort of person I don't want to come and live in this country.

And so on, ad infinitum...

BBC News item:
Australia race politician Pauline Hanson moving to UK

Australian former anti-immigration politician Pauline Hanson is selling up and heading to Britain, according to an interview with an Australian magazine.

She told Women's Day that Australia was no longer a land of opportunity and she had "had enough" of living there.

Ms Hanson built a career on claims that Australia was being "swamped by Asians"

Full article

Comments

• Australian former anti-immigration politician Pauline Hanson is selling up and heading to Britain, according to an interview with an Australian magazine.

So she's anti-immigration, but wants to be an immigrant herself?
  • Very strange that she would choose to come to the Uk given her alleged reasons for leaving Australia...

I thought this was going to be a wouldya for one awful moment....
  • edited February 2010
    I lived through the rise of the awful Pauline Hanson here in Queensland in the late 90's and it was an sickening, embarrassing time.

To say that her and her supporters were a bunch of ignorant, redneck, racist, inbred arseholes would be the understatement of the year.

An acquaintance of mine was a big supporter of hers - despite the fact that his grand-parents had been allowed to emigrate here from Russia in the 1940's after the war (and still spoke no English and barely assimilated) - that's the mentality you are dealing with.

If she did go to the UK - which I strongly doubt that she ever will - and even attempted a public profile then she would be destroyed in the press in about 10 seconds, this is a woman who makes Sarah Palin look like JFK.

Interestinly, her anti-Asian views would be anathema here today given that China props up our economy by buying our minerals like they are going out of fashion.....

Although, as an interesting aside, my mate Brett, a former copper, reckons that his copper mate rooted her at a Police Convention in north QLD just before she was elected as a Senator, said she was pretty good in the sack!!!
  • Didn't realise I was an ignorant, redneck, inbred racist
  • Oh the irony.

That this pigshit-thick rabble-rousing slag would choose to emigrate. If it ever happens (which it won't) maybe we should all greet her at Heathrow with banners telling her to "f*** off back to her own country" and send all her countrymen/women back as the UK is being "swamped by Australians"
  • Anti-immigration, anti-indigenous people and considering emigrating. She's an idiot, I'm sure she'll continue to appeal to idiots.

I look forward to her coming here and telling us that the country she's spent her entire life whining about and the last 24 hours getting away from is much better than ours. I for one would be happy to allow the bitch to serve me a pint.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]That this pigshit-thick rabble-rousing slag would choose to emigrate. If it ever happens (which it won't) maybe we should all greet her at Heathrow with banners telling her to "f*** off back to her own country" and send all her countrymen/women back as the UK is being "swamped by Australians"

Funnily enough, when the clinically thick are whining about immigration, the immigration of white saffers, yanks, ozzies and kiwis doesn't seem to get their gander up as much as the odd Somalian kid that's watched his parents getting their hands lopped off with machetes. I'm forever looking around my office and

Despite being the son of an (Italian) immigrant, I've got a relatively conservative view of immigration, possibly because I'm sick of spunking a huge amount of tax on pointless no hopers (be they white English or black immigrant, or any shade in between, it makes little difference, they're all scroungers). But I'd rather be part of a country that gives people who want to work, a break. Anyhoo, I digress, she's a horrific person, and it'd be horrible to share the same island as her. Then again she's :
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]pretty good in the sack

Time for a Woudya?

Pauline-Hanson-001.jpg

Looks like a stinking sminge to me, so that coupled with all the (I'd assume) whining about the fact that it's not as warm as Australia, would lead me to say NO, despite her foo-foo being a reputedly reasonably amusing place to shove your winkie
  • Yeah - the argument about immigration is a very difficult one. On the one hand, there are plenty of reasons to put a curb on it at present here (our benefits system, for instance, which is ridiculously easy to exploit) because the way we operate our border controls encourages people with zero skills and aspirations to pile in. On the other hand, we have a duty as a developed nation to assist people from developing nations (especially those which we've had an active hand in propping up a tyrannical status quo, or are currently engaged in bombing flat), so you can't just put your hands up and tell people to f*** off.

I've worked with Kiwis, Aussies and Saffers in IT for as long as I've been in the field. The fact is, most of them are better at their job than their English counterparts. I once project managed a team of 120 engineers. Two of them were saffers, one was a kiwi. The three of them were literally head and shoulders above the rest, not just in skills, but in work ethic and customer-facing qualities as well. I can't really categorise them as 'immigrants' in the Daily Mail, bile-spouting manner - they were a completely different kettle of fish to the 10-15 engineers I had on the project from the subcontinent (all of whom were utterly useless at the inception of the project, but 4-5 of them got significantly better towards the end)

It's an topic that polarises opinions amongst the cerebrally challenged. Anyone with even half a brain can see that there are good and bad aspects to immigration - just as there are to most other subjets du jour. Whatever the merits or demerits of it, however, one thing is for certain. Hanson is an ugly, hateful, spiteful turd who shouldn't be let anywhere near here for the same reason we don't let Farrakhan in - inciting racial hatred.
  • How can she have such racists views....she's ginger! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Yeah - the argument about immigration is a very difficult one. On the one hand, there are plenty of reasons to put a curb on it at present here (our benefits system, for instance, which is ridiculously easy to exploit) because the way we operate our border controls encourages people with zero skills and aspirations to pile in. On the other hand, we have a duty as a developed nation to assist people from developing nations (especially those which we've had an active hand in propping up a tyrannical status quo, or are currently engaged in bombing flat), so you can't just put your hands up and tell people to f*** off.

It's definitely a difficult issue, and I'd personally be cautious making any definite judgement on how much and what type of immigration we should allow.

But just in terms of attitudes to immigration, I absolutely despise the self-righteous view amongst a lot of those who are anti-immigration that we're some sort of amazing charity that let in some of these ungrateful foreigners into 'OUR BRITAIN' out of goodwill and they shouldn't push it too much or we won't let them share all the wonderful things we create.

I'm sorry, who's backbreaking labour props up our lavish lifestyle? Who make our clothes, our goods and grows a lot of the year round selection of food? We sit here in Britain dressed in the clothes sown by labourers working 12 hours a day for pittance, and some are smug enough to think they owe us if a few make it over here?

And what do they even get when they come to our 'paradise'? A menial job scrubbing toilets most likely. How wonderfully generous of us.

We should be bloody terrified of third world labourers waking up and realising they should be getting fair pay and crazy things like decent working conditions. The very, very least we can do is let some of them live here. The exact percentage of sustainable immigration I'm as yet unsure of, but sometimes I wish people would cut the arrogance: it's us who owe the third world, not the other way around.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Yeah - the argument about immigration is a very difficult one. On the one hand, there are plenty of reasons to put a curb on it at present here (our benefits system, for instance, which is ridiculously easy to exploit) because the way we operate our border controls encourages people with zero skills and aspirations to pile in. On the other hand, we have a duty as a developed nation to assist people from developing nations (especially those which we've had an active hand in propping up a tyrannical status quo, or are currently engaged in bombing flat), so you can't just put your hands up and tell people to f*** off.

It's definitely a difficult issue, and I'd personally be cautious making any definite judgement on how much and what type of immigration we should allow.

But just in terms of attitudes to immigration, I absolutely despise the self-righteous view amongst a lot of those who are anti-immigration that we're some sort of amazing charity that let in some of these ungrateful foreigners into 'OUR BRITAIN' out of goodwill and they shouldn't push it too much or we won't let them share all the wonderful things we create.

I'm sorry, who's backbreaking labour props up our lavish lifestyle? Who make our clothes, our goods and grows a lot of the year round selection of food? We sit here in Britain dressed in the clothes sown by labourers working 12 hours a day for pittance, and some are smug enough to think they owe us if a few make it over here?

And what do they even get when they come to our 'paradise'? A menial job scrubbing toilets most likely. How wonderfully generous of us.

We should be bloody terrified of third world labourers waking up and realising they should be getting fair pay and crazy things like decent working conditions. The very, very least we can do is let some of them live here. The exact percentage of sustainable immigration I'm as yet unsure of, but sometimes I wish people would cut the arrogance: it's us who owe the third world, not the other way around.
    Thing is, SA, you're preaching to the choir. The Daily Mail brigade will never accept that, without the third world we'd have to pay fifty quid for a t-shirt, or ten quid for a bag of spuds. I long ago realised that it was iniquitous to suggest that economic migration was unfair on the people of the country being migrated to - the only reason economic migration exists in the first place is because of exploitation of the country being migrated from!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    Thing is, SA, you're preaching to the choir.

Yeh not particularly directed at you Leroy; I just thought that I'd use your post as a lead off to my rant :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][ iniquitous

Only the 2nd time in over 650,000 posts on here has this word cropped up. The first time was a quote from Oliver Cromwell, and it is fair to say you quite possibly would have been my last guess at being the 2nd !

Has the Countdown thread done wonders for your vocabulary ?? :-)
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite][ iniquitous

Only the 2nd time in over 650,000 posts on here has this word cropped up. The first time was a quote from Oliver Cromwell, and it is fair to say you quite possibly would have been my last guess at being the 2nd !

Has the Countdown thread done wonders for your vocabulary ?? :-)
    You misunderestimate me. I'm actually quite intelligent. I just hide it under a thick layer of bile, invective and abuse :)

Oh, and the Countdown thread has done wonders for me... but certainly not in the vocabulary department!
  • ra ra ra the Guardianistas are in revolt.

If and when the far right say "send em home get 3 million imigrants" out etc etc etc its shot full of holes roundly called RACISM etc etc, yet when this Labour party open the borders ofthis country let in over 3million in their political idiology of multi culturilism at all costs not only is nothing said but anyone raising any queris is labeled a RACIST --- what a surprise. They knew what they were doing it was a key STRATEGY.

Frank Field (Labour back bench MP) said years ago that we should have adopted a quoter system as the have in Italy, of course he wasnt aware ofthe above. I doubt that he reads The Mail .

imigration when there are 3 million unemployed is total and utter madness. Imigration when there is 1 million is madness.

As for the Aussie bint coming here why the hell do we need her ? why would she want to come ?

as for the the expoltation of the third world preach if you know where for PC comes from, where your food comes from, where your clothes come from. Remember this Government preached how they would be totaly ethical and transparant -------------- what a naffing sick lie.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]ra ra ra the Guardianistas are in revolt.

If and when the far right say "send em home get 3 million imigrants" out etc etc etc its shot full of holes roundly called RACISM etc etc, yet when this Labour party open the borders ofthis country let in over 3million in their political idiology of multi culturilism at all costs not only is nothing said but anyone raising any queris is labeled a RACIST --- what a surprise. They knew what they were doing it was a key STRATEGY.

Frank Field (Labour back bench MP) said years ago that we should have adopted a quoter system as the have in Italy, of course he wasnt aware ofthe above. I doubt that he reads The Mail .

imigration when there are 3 million unemployed is total and utter madness. Imigration when there is 1 million is madness.

As for the Aussie bint coming here why the hell do we need her ? why would she want to come ?

as for the the expoltation of the third world preach if you know where for PC comes from, where your food comes from, where your clothes come from. Remember this Government preached how they would be totaly ethical and transparant
    what a naffing sick lie.
    GH - that is possibly the strangest rant you've ever posted. It made my brain hurt reading it. You're a real character - not only do you treat the English language like a Rubik Cube, but you seem to have wildly divergent opinions on subjects between posts - you actually argue and counterargue in the same missive! You should stand as an 'independent' somewhere in a by-election.
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]quoter system
    I adopted a quoter system on here but nobody knows how to use it.
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]quoter
    I adopted a quoter system on here but nobody knows how to use it.

try clicking BBCode at the bottom

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]ra ra ra the Guardianistas are in revolt.

as for the the expoltation of the third world preach if you know where for PC comes from, where your food comes from, where your clothes come from. Remember this Government preached how they would be totaly ethical and transparant
    what a naffing sick lie.
    The point of the thread was about someone who was anti-immigration, that appears to be taking a very different view when it suits them, not sure if you got that?

Also, not sure the point of the unemployment numbers. Wouldn't you agree that a lot of those unemployed are going to be unemployed whether there's immigrants coming in or not? To me it doesn't matter what colour or country of origin they're from it's scroungers I can't abide.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]ra ra ra the Guardianistas are in revolt.

what a naffing sick lie.
    The point of the thread was about someone who was anti-immigration, that appears to be taking a very different view when it suits them, not sure if you got that?

Also, not sure the point of the unemployment numbers. Wouldn't you agree that a lot of those unemployed are going to be unemployed whether there's immigrants coming in or not? To me it doesn't matter what colour or country of origin they're from it's scroungers I can't abide.

On re-reading the article it appears that her father was English so she has dual nationality and thus is not a would be immigrant as such.

As I said above though why would somebody like her come to England which has all she appears to despise about Australia multiplied many times?
  • Leroy mate im not going to defend my spelling or grama on here plenty of people canspell check it as they always do.

However--- the arguement re imigration as i see it is(sorry it wasnt clear!)
    1) there will be a need for imigration within the UK as there has for many decades etc.
    2) The far right has often said "send em back" blah blah blah. THis is seen not not only as totaly extreme but is branded RACIST.
    3) This Government knew they were opening the borders-- defended it by screaming RACIST at anyone who said it was happening at all -- yet nothing is said about there Social/enthnicity engineering. Not creating a master race but their multi cultural mecca.Forced Multi culturism which Sir Trevor Philips says dosnt work !how many came in ? no one actually knows.
    4) I believe there has to be set limits on numbers coming in (regardless of skin pigmentation) when we have millions of unemployed. Yet even that brings the guardianistas foaming at the mouth -- why ?
    5) There should be some sort or link between jobs avaiable and unemployement numbers. Do the job your given if you want benefits, until something better comes along?
    6) how can you blame anyone coming here who wants to graft and get paid? how can we blame the ones who dont want to graft but take the freee benefits ? we cant-- the only people to blame are the law makers and agenda setters ---- Blair Brown and the rest of the trash, that will shortly be dumped on a the scrap heap.

Nice thought about me standing in the next election tho mate. Sadly i wouldnt be allowed. Although if i did and got in then i can say Blackheath would never have seen bonfires like it .
  • GH have i read it wrong or have you posted before that you are married to an immigrant?

As my brother is too I dont think id be too happy seeing a family member subjected to what you are implying and cant imagine you would if you're in the same boat....or have i just totally misunderstood or misread that?
  • Rodney what am i suggesting anyone should be subjected to ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Rodney what am i suggesting anyone should be subjected to ?

The obvious anti- immigration stance. I too agree with a lot of what you say but when my brother got hitched to a foreigner and ive seen how they both work their arses off, get nothing in the way of benefits and are both decent laww abiding people I found that I cant really blame immigration as it would be hypocritical. ie my polish grandparents are over here and so is my sister in law but we are alright jack so dont let anyone else in.

Would rather my brother be married to the particular immigrant that he his than some work shy, fat cow that sits at home watching jeremy kyle in between pushing out puppies and getting sozzled in wetherspoons on my taxes.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]GH have i read it wrong or have you posted before that you are married to an immigrant?

As my brother is too I dont think id be too happy seeing a family member subjected to what you are implying and cant imagine you would if you're in the same boat....or have i just totally misunderstood or misread that?

I believe Mrs GH is Thai and that GH has mooted the idea of retiring to Thailand, meaning his stance on immigration would suddenly be around 180 degrees from where it is now.
  • edited February 2010
    Rodney if you read point (1) above i said there is a need for imigration and has been for decades etc. The point being i cant see how or why there isnt a limit on numbers when we have 3/4 million unemployed ?
    There is nowhere at all that i have said anything about imigrants being work shy etc etc .

Do you think its correct that a Government can open its boarders let in (how many ?) swear they havnt done it, etc etc etc. ?
  • edited February 2010
    BFR you may be correct that we will retire there .However if we do then i wil have to prove i have enough money to live on, i will not be able to own out right anything, i will not have the vote, or right to work, i will have to pay for any medical requirements.

I wont be taking a job, i wont be entitled to any sort of benefit. I will pay for every service that i need.

Thanks though for pointing out the differances and supporting my arguement-- its nice to agree.
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Rodney if you read point (1) above i said there is a need for imigration and has been for decades etc. The point being i cant see how or why there isnt a limit on numbers when we have 3/4 million unemployed ?
    There is nowhere at all that i have said anything about imigrants being work shy etc etc .

Do you think its correct that a Government can open its boarders let in (how many ?) swear they havnt done it, etc etc etc. ?

No I think the country is overpopulated, strained under its current resources, that the immigration system is a joke (if it even exists) and I get as annoyed by the tabloid stories about immigrants as much as the next man who doesnt have the time or interest to really delve further into the issues...however I think it is hypocritical for the likes of me and others who have immigrants that we care about to then take the im alright jack stance.

My own internal dichotomy.