Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst ever adverts!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stool Softeners - frankly I don't want to know; and why is this always on when I'm having my tea?
    Activia TLC - that stupid grinning woman drive me nuts.
    Dogs Trust - I'm sure they do some good work, but I hate the anthropomorphism that they use to try and wring money out of people.
    NSPCC Full Stop - again, I bet they do some great work, but stop kidding people that making a £5 donotion will end child cruelty - it won't.
    That one where June Whitfield tries to get gullible pensioners to sign over their homes to a multi-national finance house. That cow will never know the financial insecuries that ordinary pensioners have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]we buy any car . com is doing my brain in, absolutely hate it. Rates up there with those 118 idiots.

I wouldn't do any business with either of them just because I hate their adverts!

Agreed, without doubt the most inane shite advert ever excreted out by an ad agency. You can imagine the board meeting full of yuppies 'brainstorming' and 'thinking out of the box' this one was designed to appeal to monosylabic chavs and was thought up in 2 seconds and made on a budget of a fiver. Companies like this would never get my cash on principal!

It's smarter than you think really. At the very least people know about the company and are talking about it, and that already puts them miles ahead of most of the competition. It is pretty annoying, but at least they don't take themselves seriously.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

However, Windows 7 ads are infuriating, likeWindows stuff always has been

Absolutely.

Whenever something works too hard at appearing breezy and casual, the results are usually quite slimy
  • Options
    Any Werthers original adverts, with that stupid confectionery shop & the dodgy old bloke giving kiddies sweeties.

Those sweets are probably made in an ugly, depressing factory somewhere near Rotherham, with a load of minimum wagers wondering what the hell they done in life to deserve working there.
  • Options
    Jamie and louise redknapp on a Thomson's holiday.

Just utterly hideous misguided nonsense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]The current Halifax radio station adverts, and,

The Haribo adverts where the kids are interrogating the dad for knicking the good sweet. Where's the bucket........?

The Dad in that ad is Matt my old driving instructor when I lived I Sydenham, he once got car jacked in Crystal Palace while waiting for a lesson to start.
  • Options
    Any Advert involving Halifax.

The fat bloke on that Envirophone advert, gives me a headache everytime he shouts out “WONGA”.
  • Options
    The Kinder egg advert from the 80's: This used to give me nightmares (as did Ronald McDonald, eurgh)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOFRIWx5F9c
  • Options
    The worst one for me is definately the whetabix one with the horse racing. Everytime I see it makes me angry.
  • Options
    Anything with Michael Winner in.....the man needs a hot iron to his face.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Anything with Michael Winner in.....the man needs a hot iron to his face.

Calm down dear...it's only a commercial.
  • Options
    Cillit Bang. Hate shouty ads.