Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky issues rallying cry to Addicks support...

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/content/Charlton_Football_Club/

Comments

• Options
    Don't boo in other words.
  • Options
    I will be cheering loudly as usual, why bother going if you are going to boo. Might as well stay at home. All to play for and the next few months will definitely not be dull, I might need a professional manicure by the end of the season
  • Options
    Newshopper has a rival!
  • Options
    could someone please pass this on to the nob that sits behind me in the family stand that slags them off non-stop from the start to the end of the game. even when we're playing well he'll spend the entire game just screaming at lloyd sam. he's such a cock.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: billy cotton[/cite]could someone please pass this on to the nob that sits behind me in the family stand that slags them off non-stop from the start to the end of the game. even when we're playing well he'll spend the entire game just screaming at lloyd sam. he's such a cock.

Going on the 'Lloyd sam grinning' thread, i think you sit just in front of 'charltonfan'
  • Options
    not me ,hope sam has a blinder
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: billy cotton[/cite]could someone please pass this on to the nob that sits behind me in the family stand that slags them off non-stop from the start to the end of the game. even when we're playing well he'll spend the entire game just screaming at lloyd sam. he's such a cock.

Where abouts do you sit in that quadrant Billy? I think I know who your talking about : )
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    right in the middle block. the guy is driving me insane. he made some unpleasant comments a few weeks back and caught the eye of a few others around me. swears his head off too.
  • Options
    And this is in the family section?
  • Options
    more interesting is this :

A "DISTRAUGHT" Trevor Kettle has contacted Charlton boss Phil Parkinson to apologise for his refereeing blunder during the Addicks' 2-1 defeat to Bristol Rovers on Monday evening, writes Alex Leach.

Kettle cautioned the Pirates' Dominic Blizzard for a reckless challenge on left-back Grant Basey in the opening seconds of their League One encounter at The Memorial Ground.

That tackle, which left crocked Basey facing a potentially lengthy spell on the sidelines with ankle ligament damage, was deemed worthy of a red card in Parkinson's eyes and Kettle has since got in touch to concur with that assessment.

"The referee, to his credit, rang me up on Tuesday and he was basically distraught because he'd seen the challenge on TV and wanted to know how Grant was," the Charlton boss revealed.

"He said: 'Look Phil, I just did not realise as it was so early in the game and my angle was not great. It was horrific, I was horrified when I saw the challenge and it should have been a straight red.'

"It's good that we can communicate like that with the referee and he's accepted that he made a mistake."

Parkinson also hopes the entire episode redefines how officials adjudicate upon dangerous play, with one foot proving just as hazardous as two in this particular instance.

"People keep going on about two-footed challenges," he explained. "The first thing the ref said to me when I saw him afterwards was: 'It was not a two-footed challenge.'

"Well, I replied: 'People are getting too wrapped up in that. If someone slides in two-footed, but both of their feet are on the floor, they're not going to injure the player.

"However, if someone goes in one-footed - and it's over the top of the ball - then that is obviously more dangerous.

"Irrespective of whether it's two or one-footed, it's about where the tackle lands and he clearly went over the top of the ball. It was a horrific challenge - it was one of the worst I've seen."

Physio Steve Allen anticipates Basey will be out for between six to eight weeks, although his exact recovery period will become clearer once the swelling goes down and the 21-year-old undergoes a scan.

Parkinson added: "He's fortunate in one respect in that it could have been more serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes, in the family section. it may be that he can't read as i'm fairly certain he's an oik.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: billy cotton[/cite]yes, in the family section. it may be that he can't read as i'm fairly certain he's an oik.

Sorry Billy, its obviously someone different.
    You wouldn't be able to hear this "Doughnut" from where you sit. Maybe if I threw him a bit closer ; )
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Newshopper has a rival![/quote]

I was off yesterday so missed it.
  • Options
    i hope he's not holding his breath
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Newshopper has a rival!

I was off yesterday so missed it.

Off, Paul ....... on Charlton press conference day?

;o)
  • Options
    Fairplay to mooney though... that was a proper lump on his head there and insisting he wants to play has to be applauded... thats the spirit! Now get out there and give me a diving header into the bottom corner...