Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Ammann on Linked in

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Not sure if any of you use Linked in at all but there is a CAFC supporters group on there with a whopping 63 members. Mike Ammann has just joined it so a good way of having some contact with an ex player if you fancy it. Here's what Mike said having joined the group.

"Thanks for the welcome. It has been an amazing up and down for the club and I have followed every step of the way since leaving in 1996. I could not think of a better place to begin a career than Charlton. From the board to the management to the staff and the supporters, it was a positive experience and one that I learned a lot from. My only regret was not being a little older so I could truly understand the opportunity that I was given.

I learned more in my career in those two years than I expected and looking back now I realize how special it was.

After leaving Charlton I played for three teams in Major League Soccer before retiring through injury in 2002. I had three elbow surgeries, one on my left and then two on my right that put an end of my playing days. I definitely miss it and would have loved to have made a second stop at Charlton during my career but it was not to be. I'm living a great life with my wife and three kids and working in IT for a company here in Washington DC.

I'm looking forward to promotion this year for the boys and some additions to the board that will inject some needed funds to bring in players to get the team back to the Premiership. Hope all is well with everyone and I look forward to a return to the Valley for a visit sometime soon. I have a 13 year aspiring goalkeeper so maybe he can be the next yank to play for Charlton."