Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Old Bill

Last night was woken up from my pit by a large thud, jumped up looked out my bedroom window to see someone on my balcony passing down my bike to another male managed to run outside and chase them but they got away as I am an unfit fckuer and was worried about me old boy hanging out of my boxers.

I called the OB and within a couple of minutes they were driving pass my flat and managed to stop those involved and arrest them 5 mins up the road.. They then come round within 20 minutes of arresting those responsible to take a statement.

Got to say I was very impressed as you always seem to hear people say when they have called OB they have not attended at the time and turn up days later for a statement.

So looks like I will be returned with my bike in due course.

Comments

• Options
    didnt get past the old boy hanging out...

where do you live? stroke of luck they caught them!
  • Options
    "I called the OB and within a couple of minutes they were driving pass my flat and managed to stop those involved and arrest them 5 mins up the road"

I would say you are the exception rather than the norm, but fair play to them and glad you'll get the bike back.
  • Options
    Did they give you a warning though about posting non football stuff in the General Charlton category ?

A very serious crime :-)

Glad it worked out ok for you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]didnt get past the old boy hanging out...

where do you live? stroke of luck they caught them!

Live in Rayleigh which is just out of Southend. yeah was good they got them Poilce seemed chuffed said it is rear to catch people red handed like that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Did they give you a warning though about posting non football stuff in the General Charlton category ?

A very serious crime :-)

Glad it worked out ok for you.

lol
  • Options
    They'll be back this morning to do you for indecent exposure don't you worry!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]They'll be back this morning to do you for indecent exposure don't you worry!

i dont know it was pretty cold out last night lol
  • Options
    PC Dazzler will be creaming himself over this!!
  • Options
    Live in Rayleigh which is just out of Southend. yeah was good they got them Poilce seemed chuffed said it is rear to catch people red handed like that.
    I used to live in Rayleigh (flat in Websters Way) and have nothing but good to say about the police there when I had a problem they helped resolve. Shame they are not all like that.
  • Options
    Surprised to nhere some one having a good experience with old bill if it was SE london we all know they wouldnt do a thing til someon had actaully died. The Kent OB put the Met to shame since i have been living down here that is one thing i have noticed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You'll get a call from the old bill for your old boy to go on an ID parade, as some old girl called the police.
  • Options
    Nice to read something positive...
  • Options
    just had a phone call from the OB.

The youth they arrested has had no previous of any sorts so have let him go with a caution. He at first denied it, but as me and my Girlfreind had both given statements saying that the person who had done it got caught on the railings and ripped their trousers which this person aparently did have he amit it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Surprised to nhere some one having a good experience with old bill if it was SE london we all know they wouldnt do a thing til someon had actaully died. The Kent OB put the Met to shame since i have been living down here that is one thing i have noticed.
    Really? Funny you should say that - a mate lives in Maidstone and had his bike nicked twice in the space of six months. Both times the old bill couldn't give a shit about it - and even threatened to arrest him when he went garrity about their attitude the second time it happened. About five years ago, the kid who lives opposite my mum in Deepest, Darkest Deptford (and, as GH will tell you, you don't GET much more Sarf Laandon than that) had his bike pinched from outside his front door. The gavvers were round in two minutes flat, with a car, told the kid's mum they pretty much knew who was nicking bikes in the area but couldn't catch them at it. Asked the kid for a description and told them they'd do what they could to get it back. A week later they broke into the culprit's place on the estate round the back and reclaimed five bikes - one of which was the kid opposite's.

Just because you've had shitty experience with them, doesn't mean it's gospel truth.
  • Options
    It's gospel truth if you've been on the wrong end of it...

The point surely is that there are bad coppers and good coppers and it is the luck of the draw as to whether one's own personal experiences include more good than bad.

I've had more bad than good personally over the years but the good have been excellent so at the moment I have an open mind on the Old Bill