Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod out for upto 8 weeks

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
On-loan Peterborough striker Izale McLeod faces up to eight weeks on the sidelines after being diagnosed with a meniscus problem.
The 25-year-old has missed the last three games and manager Jim Gannon has revealed his disappointment at losing the Charlton loanee for a prolonged spell.

He told Posh Player: "Izale has been diagnosed with a meniscus problem so he's looking like he might have to sit out for four to six, maybe even eight, weeks with that, so he's a loss, because I think in the formation we have he would have done well for us."

Does this mean he will be sent back? :-(

Comments

• Options
    Meniscus is cartilage in English.

I'm probably the only thick one on here who didn't know that!
  • Options
    Doesnt make any difference really, he will still be paid for doing nothing
  • Options
    Yeah previously said that they wanted to send him back and we said no, so surely this should still apply?
  • Options
    He is our player so if injured is our responsibility.

Unfortunately.

That is what usually happens with loan players anyway. If injured they return to the parent club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He is our player so if injured is our responsibility.

Unfortunately.

That is what usually happens with loan players anyway. If injured they return to the parent club.

Crap just what we need, more wages to pay! that guy has been nothing but bad luck since he joined
  • Options
    Maybe they'll buy him in the summer now? A few more games and we might have been stuck with him next season...
  • Options
    Sounds as though he will be fit for the play offs to net a hat trick at Wembley and send us up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Yeah previously said that they wanted to send him back and we said no, so surely this should still apply?

To be fair to him, it was their previous manager (Mark Cooper) who had a row with him and wanted to send him back, the new bloke (Gannon) had been playing him.
  • Options
    Season long loans may be different so they still may not be able to send him back
  • Options
    they should take Yassin as a replacement.

Don't think they can send him back unless we agree which we won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure if a player gets injured, he returns to his parent club for treatment?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'm sure if a player gets injured, he returns to his parent club for treatment?

More often than not. Doesn't mean we're paying his wages though, just cos we're treating him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'm sure if a player gets injured, he returns to his parent club for treatment?

More often than not. Doesn't mean we're paying his wages though, just cos we're treating him.

Take your point in principle but looking at the specifics can you imagine Barry Fry paying wages for an injured player of another club?
  • Options
    What happened when our loanees got injured last season?

McEverley went straight back to Derby County but I don't know if we were still paying him or they immediately took him back on their wage bill.

And Murty? You never knew whether he'd be fit from one game to the next. But I suspect Reading were paying a sizeable chunk of his wages all along, so may be different...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]meniscus
    this could still be to do with his previous knee injury... maybe thats why he's gash?
  • Options
    I thought they could not send him back and this was mentioned when he had his fall out with the old boss there- Cooper, just because he is injured not sure if this affects the loan deal. Don't think we could afford him back as didn't his loan mean we could bring in Sodje. If he was to come back, I think we would have to get rid of someone quick ie Moots if anyone wants him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He is our player so if injured is our responsibility.

Unfortunately.

Presumably insurance covers this though.