Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where's Jonjo?

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Not even on the bench....? Is he injured? Being rested?

Comments

• Options
    Good job the transfer window's closed, else there'd be a thread here saying his absence proves he's either off to Chelsea/Arsenal/Man U/Man City/Real/Inter or going on loan to Ebbsfleet!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Good job the transfer window's closed, else there'd be a thread here saying his absence proves he's either off to Chelsea/Arsenal/Man U/Man City/Real/Inter or going on loan to Ebbsfleet!!!

Dont worry that wont stop there being a thread about it ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Good job the transfer window's closed, else there'd be a thread here saying his absence proves he's either off to Chelsea/Arsenal/Man U/Man City/Real/Inter or going on loan to Ebbsfleet!!!

Cos it's true?

Must be, uncle just said so!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Cos it's true?

Must be, uncle just said so!

Yeah, obviously the offer is on the table and MU/Arse/Chelsi et al have asked us not to play him.
  • Options
    Saw him in the car park straight after the game, walking with Matt Spring. They were both signing autographs and posing for pictures. Just rested I think. We've got 3 games in 6 days this week and I bet most of our squad will get a go at sometime.
  • Options
    he's watching match of the day
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]he's watching match of the day

What team's ?
  • Options
    I think he's worth a place on the bench but I wouldn't put him ahead of any of the players who started yesterday or Semedo. Maybe Parky feels that Shelvey isn't always suited to this division as he seems to need a lot of time on the ball and looks a bit lost if he's not behind the forward in a 4-5-1. Obviously he'll improve on this as he gets older.
  • Options
    Great to see Mooney playing an attacking midfield role at the end last night whilst Shelvey isn't even a sub. Well done the management!
  • Options
    He's not happy from what I hear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]He's not happy from what I hear.

neither would I be if I were him, although to be fair it certainly isn't his sort of pitch at the moment
  • Options
    Agreed that Shelvey has not showed the star quality that he was displaying last season, but not to be on the bench seems a little strange, I can imagine that if he wants to play football, his main aim I would imagine not even being on the bench at Charlton in this division is going to be a consulation...... he can do that at West Ham/ Chelsea whoever!
  • Options
    What's going on then? He's not even mentioned as being in contention for a place leading up to a game. No injury. Why is there such silence over this? Uncle?
  • Options
    Back for southend after a nice rest?? hopefully
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Back for southend after a nice rest?? hopefully

Hopefully.
    451 with a midfield of Wagstaff, Semedo, Shelvey, Bailey and Reid.
  • Options
    It would be good to see him again in a Charlton shirt again for the remaiing games before, probably, we wave goodbye to him. Insane not to be playing our most talented footballer and putting out hopeless lumps instead. He has been treated very badly and I suggest, very sadly, that he would have been better off somewhere else where he could have benefitted from being around better players and better management. Not even being on the bench here or not being on the bench in a bigger club? No brainer.
  • Options
    Was told the same as Chirpy.

Not that we need him at the moment though eh.