Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Charlton Eight...

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Just seen the half time feature on this afternoon's MOTD where in 1982 eight Bristol City players, Geoff Merrick, Chris Garland, Trevor Tainton, David Rodgers, Jimmy Mann, Gerry Sweeney, Peter Aitken and Julian Marshall, were all given an ultimatum....

Tear up your contracts and leave the club or the club dies...

If we were to be in the same predicament, which eight players would you prefer to see the back of...?

Comments

• Options
    Moo2, Mcleod, Sinclair, Dickson, Fleetwood for sure.

The next 3 are harder to choose and based more on presumed high earnings/others on the books who can do the job rather than players I would actually WANT to leave.

McKenzie, Racon,

the last one is a real toughie between Basey, Youga, Spring, Solly and Randolph.

I think on balance Spring.
  • Options
    A slight digression from subject but I suppose in the insulated world of football no-one took note of what happened at City as they tumbled down the divisions because of financial folly: exactly the same is happening now, perhaps even to ourselves (see earlier 'Turnover' thread).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anyone we're paying but who isn't playing

Crikey - that includes Shelvey !
  • Options
    sad to say that the players wouldn't care if the club went to the wall - they would join another somewhere, earning themselves a lovely signing on fee into the process.