Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Possibility Of A Postponement Tomorrow?

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Given that the pitch was in an already poor condition on Saturday, does anyone in "the know" Airman, Ketman, have any idea whether there is any possibility of a postponement tomorrow.

The weather in South East London has been terrible for pretty much 36 hours now. Was bucketing down on my way to work this am.

The forecast suggests much the same for the rest of today and light rain for most of tomorrow.

If the level rain that was falling this am keeps up, then I would assume that a postponement is a distinct possiblity.

Having said that, the state of Colchester's ploughed field over the last few weeks would suggest unless the ground is under water the game will go ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Chance of the game being on tomorrow I would say are about 99% !
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As a matter of interest, why was the pitch so bad on Saturday , given that we'd just had three consecutive away games?

Agree it is going to be much worse tomorrow night if the SE7 weather is anything like it is down here in the country. Can report much the same as Clem - pretty much a non-ending 36 hour downpour. Large chunks of my lawns actually ARE under water...
  • Options
    It's because they have to keep it covered to stop the frost getting into the ground. Come the run in with plenty of sun eventually getting to pitch it will get better as season progresses.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]As a matter of interest, why was the pitch so bad on Saturday , given that we'd just had three consecutive away games?quote]

Somethinmg to do with the crap winter we have had I suspect or maybe paddy has been put part time as a cost cutting exercise so only mows it once a week.
  • Options
    It could be worse, did anybody see Wigans cow patch, sorry pitch yesterday against Spurs?
  • Options
    Just had a snow flurry here.....reckon the pitch might struggle
  • Options
    The weather has been dreadful this winter. I doubt there are many groundsmen who could get a decent playing surface at this stage in the season. That said, at least we don't have the London Broncos titting about with their funny shaped ball anymore.
  • Options
    Bloody hell ... it's snowing again!
  • Options
    Trying to snow in charlton village right now, bloody freezing when I was cleaning the playground, still we should be fine.