Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elliott & Richardson Doubtful?

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
According to the BBC preview for the Brighton game they seem to think Elliott and Richardson both have groin injuries and are doubtful for Tuesday? Any ideas - didn't notice anything on Saturday. Anyone know any more?

Comments

• Options
    didnt notice anything on saturday with richardson? I did.
  • Options
    If true then i'd rather we rested them and ensured they were ok for Southend. Randolph is a decent keeper and Solly is a capable right back replacement.
  • Options
    Think the O/S mentions in the match report about Elliot
  • Options
    Elliott will probably be fit, nothing seems to keep him out for long.

Richardson on the other hand...
  • Options
    Should Richardson not be fit and given that they don't quite seem to think Solly is ready, I would suggest using Semedo at right back.

He was decent when he stood in for a couple of games last season(?) and it would not adversely affect our shape, given that he is unlikely to start tomorrow's game in the midfield.
  • Options
    I think the feeling was not so much that Solly was not ready per se but that he was not ready to play out of position as a left back for a prolonged period of time.

That said I'd have no problem with Semedo at right back if Frazer fails to make it. I'm more anxious about Randolph in goal if Robbie doesn't make it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think the feeling was not so much that Solly was not ready per se but that he was not ready to play out of position as a left back for a prolonged period of time.

That said I'd have no problem with Semedo at right back if Frazer fails to make it. I'm more anxious about Randolph in goal if Robbie doesn't make it.

agree with that, one of Semedo's best games for us was at RB (can't remember who against - think he came on as a sub and played the 2nd half there)
  • Options
    Solly is competent but no better , we saw what a difference Jackson made on Saturday. Tomorrow I would go with him.

Of course there is another Right Back on the books Moo2 .Is there another reason that he will not play to do a transfer fee after so many games or with appearance fees or win bonuses ?

If Omuzi is still at the club training , could he be converted to a loan again if Frazer is out long term. Who could go on loan to subsidise this ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Semedo was right back at Watford away. Had an excellent game there and was also used there a couple more times by Pardew. However I think it's time to give Solly a try, as long as an opposition team doesn't have a big winger - few of them around - I don't think he'll struggle at this level. Added to that he looks like a player who is combative and will grow into his role. Unlike many of our other youth players when faced with adversity Solly looks like he has the talent to come through and there ain't enough of that in this side.
  • Options
    agree with that, one of Semedo's best games for us was at RB (can't remember who against - think he came on as a sub and played the 2nd half there)[/quote]

Ipswich at home last year, Semedo came on at HT for Cranie who had scored an own goal. Think Semedo may have claimed an assist aswell. Possibly MOM that say
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play Solly tomorrow. Bring Semedo back to midfield for the next away game, after a few games break. Make them fight for their places!
  • Options
    I understand why people would like to see Semedo there, but if there are any doubts about Richardson (and I have a few of my own regardless of his fitness), please put Solly in there and give him his chance unless he's going to be up against a very big winger.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]If true then i'd rather we rested them and ensured they were ok for Southend. Randolph is a decent keeper and Solly is a capable right back replacement.

I agree with this to those two are too important to risk would still be able to beat Brighton with Randolph and Solly replacing.
  • Options
    Didn't Semedo play right back in the second half at home against Sheff Wed in oour first season in championship?2 down at half time moved him to right back and made couple of changes and won 3-2?
  • Options
    Read on Brighton's website that both are likely to pass fitness tests.