Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Lib?

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
So, I am planning to meet my brother and sister-in-law before the game tomorrow. As I will have the tickets, I need to pass them on before we go into the ground. And, as I don't intend to hang around outside the ground in the rain, I need somewhere "indoors" to meet them.

A number of Lifers mention pre-match meets in the Lib. But I have never been there. Can I ask - where is it? What goes on there? Are you politically vetted at the door before being allowed ingress? And, if I show my Charlton Life badge, do I get a free pint at the bar?

Comments

• Options
    Link
    No, no and no.

Just turn up and make much merriment
  • Options
    are you sure you're a charlton fan chizz?
  • Options
    Charlton Church Lane about 200 yards up from the station on the left hand side.

Unspeakable acts of depravity plus lots of standing around drinking. Plenty of room and fast service

No political vetting

The first rule of the Charlton Life badge is that no one talks about the Charlton Life badge.

Unless you have a CIU card you may need to pay £1 at the door but you'll make that up on the cheap beer.
  • Options
    More merriment in a morgue!

: )
  • Options
    Go to the Con Club instead !!
  • Options
    After Saturday I'm converted. Lib for me every home game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]are you sure you're a charlton fan chizz?
    I am. I'm just not a liberal...
  • Options
    Yeah is a bit of a shock first time going in there, although may go there before if have time tonight and decide to go

£1 on the door for non-members, make sure person your meeting knows where you are or meet you at the door. as if i didnt call MOG i wouldn't of had a clue lol
  • Options
    Cheap Beer?!

I guess on non-match days you drink at finer establishments than me Henry!
  • Options
    goes without saying ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't go into any club that would have me as a member!
  • Options
    Stay well clear, going inside can only lead to trouble, like meeting MCS/Ketman/Medders etc!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I wouldn't go into any club that would have me as a member!

Very true
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. See you there later, maybe? I'll be the one in the ridiculous red and white bowling shoes.
  • Options
    Can you enter for a pound without being a members guest ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can you enter for a pound without being a members guest ?

If Stu of HU6 is on the door, he'll let you enter for free if you use the rear entrance....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can you enter for a pound without being a members guest ?

Yeah you can, i didnt mention was meeting anyone just said im not a member. although person who took the pound didnt really look like a doorman? weird
  • Options
    If you drink 6 pints you make your pound back. And enjoy League One football far more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

If Stu of HU6 is on the door, he'll let you enter for free if you use the rear entrance....

You f*****!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went in there at 9-50pm
    Where was everyone ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Went in there at 9-50pm
    Where was everyone ?[/quote]

I was there
  • Options
    Quick question mog, when I paid my quid on Saturday,if I wanted a post match drink in there do u have to pay again or does it close and become the social club so need an ciu?? Card?
  • Options
    Free after the game usually.
  • Options
    Yep Ad, just walk straight in after the game.
  • Options
    Was dead only popped in for one the went