Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If we go up this year/ If we dont go up this year

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
What is the genearal feeling if we do gain promotin this year. Do we think that we will just shoot back down to this division with a season like last season or do you think tha a promotion winning side after the shock of last season would install some much needed confidence in our players and we would be able to stay up in the champ.

However if we dont go up this year do we think that will be the begging of the end and we will have to go into admin screwing us up making us unable to recover??

Comments

• Options
    We go up happy days, but will do well to stay up the following year but we are capable

We stay down, well go into admin, which will make it tougher for us to go up next season with the points deduction so mid-table next season and we will lose several players so will be a challenge in itself. im dreading to to think if we do stay up, lets hope i dont have to worry about it
  • Options
    I think we would be better than last year if we went up. There'd be fewer hopeless performances, but still think 21st would be a result in the Champ.
  • Options
    If we get promoted we're going to need to strengthen the squad a bit as we would struggle in the Championship with our current one so we would have to start checking the back of the sofa for funds...and if we don't get promoted.....i don't want to think about it :(
  • Options
    If we go up, happy days! I expect we'll take the momentum up with us and finish at the top of the second page of the league.

If we don't go, well atleast we'll get 2 South London derbies...
  • Options
    We go up and will need luck and good management to stay put for a season or two to consolidate. We don't go up and things get sticky. Lose our decent players and spend a good few years hoping we get lucky with free signings and academy players. Not sure admin would be assured but tough times I would think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We go up and will need luck and good management to stay put for a season or two to consolidate. We don't go up and things get sticky. Lose our decent players and spend a good few years hoping we get lucky with free signings and academy players. Not sure admin would be assured but tough times I would think.

That's probably the most appropriate summary and closest to the actual situation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We go up and will need luck and good management to stay put for a season or two to consolidate. We don't go up and things get sticky. Lose our decent players and spend a good few years hoping we get lucky with free signings and academy players. Not sure admin would be assured but tough times I would think.
    That. Unfortunately I'd we do go up, we'll have some fans that expect least a top half finish, which isn't realistic at all.