Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy D'Urso

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Surprised nobody seems to have blamed the ref, as is customary whenever we lose. Feel free to set up a facebook hate page, or attach a link to one already established....

Or, on the other hand, maybe we could congratulate the ref for having a good game.....?

Comments

• Options
    Did keep getting in the way of the ball to be fair, and probably ran about as much as Elliot all match.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    we'd only moan if he was a woman, eh ash
  • Options
    Thought he was on or side to be honest. No-one where I was sitting could understand why he didn't give that first Brighton goal. There was no foul. Elliott was being a tit and not looking behind him. Fair goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Thought he was on or side to be honest. No-one where I was sitting could understand why he didn't give that first Brighton goal. There was no foul. Elliott was being a tit and not looking behind him. Fair goal.

Agree. That was a fair goal as far as I saw it. Thought the ref had a fine game, no real complaints.

I hate to break it to you, AshTray, but sometimes complaints about the referee are valid. Just because this one was fine (or bad on our side) doesn't mean that all referees will be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Thought he was on or side to be honest. No-one where I was sitting could understand why he didn't give that first Brighton goal. There was no foul. Elliott was being a tit and not looking behind him. Fair goal.

i'd like to see that again , i thought elliot just thru the ball upwards and forwards outside his box to kick it and threw it into the path of the brighton forward
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

i'd like to see that again , i thought elliot just thru the ball upwards and forwards outside his box to kick it and threw it into the path of the brighton forward

Legitimate goal i think. If the one where it was headed out the keepers hand (Les Sealy i think) stands then so should this.

Any Refs on here shed some light?
  • Options
    Nope, he was crap.

Missed two clear penalties on Mooney and McKenzie (who were far too honest), never played advantage at all and had the demeanour of a PL ref who thought he was far too good to be reffing a L1 match on a Tuesday night.

Mug.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

Legitimate goal i think. If the one where it was headed out the keepers hand (Les Sealy i think) stands then so should this.

Any Refs on here shed some light?

Once again its down to consistency....something our referees seriously lack.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]never played advantage at all

This was my main problem. I wasn't sure about the penalties you mention, WSS, but he clearly had no grasp of playing advantage. So no game changing decisions, but failed to let the game flow.
  • Options
    Thought he did ok, nothing more. I suppose with refs like Andy we're just waiting for him to make a complete f**k up as it's the reputation he comes with.

Advantage thing was annoying but it favoured us more i think with Brighton being in more dangerous situations than we were.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I only complain about the ref when he smirks around after watching a young player getting their leg snapped right under his nose and only thought to dish out a wrist slap. Call me fussy if you will Ash.

Last night's MIB was adequate, could have let the game flow more as others have said, but he wasn't the root of our problems. Most people attempt to be objective and will call it based on actual results. You should think about that next time you're rimming off the next Kettlesque horror show from a ref (or commentator or whatever incompetent you're championing at that moment).
  • Options
    That's a bit harsh McLovin. I like to try and balance the debate a bit. That doesn't mean I simply defend the indefensible for the sake of it - otherwise I'd be defending last night's performance.

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]never played advantage at all

This was my main problem. I wasn't sure about the penalties you mention, WSS, but he clearly had no grasp of playing advantage. So no game changing decisions, but failed to let the game flow.

exactly. he did it to both teams so it's not making excuses. It's a pretty basic error though, especially when you make it so many timees. There was one in the 2nd half down the right wing - Sam was pulled back but got away from the defender and was running with the ball. Linesman flagged and d'urso made us come back for a freekick which he placed in the wrong place. He seemed to have no clue what he was giving a freekick for.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think the laws have changed since the Gary Crosby goal or the Best/Banks one. Opponents have to give the goalie a clear space to kick the ball.
  • Options
    As I understand it the rules where changed a few years back. If the goalkeeper is in control of the ball, which, I would think includes throwing it forward to drop kick it, then he can't be challenged. So think it was correctly dissallowed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]As I understand it the rules where changed a few years back. If the goalkeeper is in control of the ball, which, I would think includes throwing it forward to drop kick it, then he can't be challenged. So think it was correctly dissallowed.

That's my understanding as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]As I understand it the rules where changed a few years back. If the goalkeeper is in control of the ball, which, I would think includes throwing it forward to drop kick it, then he can't be challenged. So think it was correctly dissallowed.

It's a bit of a stupid rule though. Keepers are too over protected these days (Shawcross' disallowed goal against Man City the other week being a perfect example). If the keeper throws the ball forward to drop kick it then surely the second it leaves his hand, he is no longer in control of the ball. The keeper should be aware of who is around him before he goes to kick it.
  • Options
    You'd get silly stand-offs with keepers and strikers then. Leave it as it is imo.
  • Options
    I thought Sam was upended in their penalty area having turned the full-back (for once!) but D'Urso obviously didn't.
  • Options
    haha obsessed