Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loanees

Could anyone tell me how many loans we had when we were top of the league, just after/during our long non losing streak? And how many we have now all inclusive? Ta muchos.

Comments

• Options
    Up to Jan window - 5: Mckenzie, Ikeme, Mooney, Sodje, Omorsuzi

Since Jan window - 5: Mckenzie, Mooney, Sodje, Jackson, Reid

Have I missed anyone?
  • Options
    McKenzie isn't on loan, we signed him for free.
  • Options
    Loanees are not the problem - the quality of the players is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Loanees are not the problem - the quality of the players is.

And /or the quality of manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Loanees are not the problem - the quality of the players is.

Indeed. And part of the reason we've had to get a few loanees in is injuries.

Thought Jackson showed some good quality going forward last night. If Racon hadn't missed that great chance he set up they wouldn't have counter-attacked and scored 15 seconds later.

People were shouting out that we needed a genuine left-winger and to Parky's credit he signed one and now they're moaning that we have too many loanees.

Which loanees who started last night do people think shouldn't have and which of the 'stars' on our bench would they like to seen in their place?

Solly at left-back again? no thanks!

Shelvey instead of Mooney perhaps?

Wagstaff ahead of Reid?
  • Options
    Shelvey instead of Mooney is a Shoe in, no brainer for me, the other 2 I would leave as is.
  • Options

Correct.
    Jackson and Reid are good loan signings.
    Sodje and Mooney who are unwanted by two of the lowest scoring and struggling teams in the championship are not good loan signings.
  • Options

Didn't say they were, just wondering on the stats of things as we do seem to get a fair few in.. Some of the players look up for it as loans, but it can't do wonders for some of our other players been kicked out the team for someone jumping straight in. Cheers for the info guys.
  • Options
    A few days ago Reid picked the ball up in our half ran half the length of the pitch and scored from 35 yards, while Jackson slotted straight in at left back.

Conclusive proof that loanees are a problem.

Our loanee policy this season has been better than the last few years, then players were acquired and went straight into the first XI often over the heads of full time players and perhaps in the process unsettled the squad, then they disappeared.

This season players have tended come in to replace gaps caused by injuries - eg Ikeme for Rob Elliot, Jackson for Basey (and I suppose Youga), Omozusi for Richardson. Ok we've signed Reid, but we have a gap in that we have no naturally left sided player and Mooney/Akpo have come in for Fleetwood, Dickson etc who aren't really going to be consistently good enough for the job in hand.
  • Options
    personally i think Richardson has got worse as the season has gone on,albeit injuries have hampered him.Personally i would rather Omusuzi at right back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]personally i think Richardson has got worse as the season has gone on,albeit injuries have hampered him.Personally i would rather Omusuzi at right back.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    I dont think there's much between them really. Doubt he'll be coming back unless Richardson gets injured, and even then Solly will get a chance first. Only signed him because both right backs were injured.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Mooney/Akpo have come in for Fleetwood, Dickson etc who aren't really going to be consistently good enough for the job in hand.

Replacing players not good enough, with other players who if anything are worse, is an A++ job by Parky!
  • Options
    I liked Omo, but the thing is Richardson has a contract which means we have to pay him, Omo doesn't. Given there's not much between them and one of our best youngsters plays in that position, it's a fairly straightforward choice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Mooney/Akpo have come in for Fleetwood, Dickson etc who aren't really going to be consistently good enough for the job in hand.

Replacing players not good enough, with other players who if anything are worse, is an A++ job by Parky!
    Fleetwood certainly is worse than any of those strikers. Akpo, Mooney, McLeod and Dickson there's not much between them, they offer different things. Mooney suits a passing game far more than the rest do. Not convinced any would score goals regularly for us. Wrong to say they are worse than what we had though.
  • Options
    Are we now 3 months exactly from the Play-off final?

If you are going to sign a player on a three month loan now is the time.

Omo was playing better than Richardson has recently. Omo's speed and covering of the CHs was very useful. TBF Richardson was VG early season but does seem to be carrying an injury.