Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gutted

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
I have supported Charlton since the mid 60's, I have seen some highs and many lows but I have always felt that good times were never far away and although annoyed I could get over a defeat pretty quickly.

It is different now, I have never felt so low as I do now, never felt so annoyed at the manager, the team, the board and just about everything. I feel so negative about the future.

It is heartbreaking to feel this way but there is something very, very different about the way things are now.

I feel that there is no light at the end of the tunnel, our form isn't gonna change, we aint gonna turn a corner, we are in terminal decline. What is the most different is that I actually don't care if Charlton went out of business and ceased to exist, it would be a relief, to be put out of my misery so to speak.

I have always been a bit of moaner but this is different.

Sorry.

Comments

• Options
    Get a grip man !! youve been here before grab a beer and think back to warm summers and the good times...................if not get out the old service revolver and do the decent think...........and shoot Parky kidding chaps ladies Chin Up DFT the suns just popped out
  • Options
    Wake up, wake up ou sleepy head. Get up, get up get out of bed. Cheer up, cheer up the sun is red. Live, love, laugh and be happy.
  • Options
    worry not DFT derby glory is near upon us,badge kissing and stealing a one nil win.........like bollox it is
  • Options
    Maybe it's because I've just finished a particularly grim night shift!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I have supported Charlton since the mid 60's, I have seen some highs and many lows but I have always felt that good times were never far away and although annoyed I could get over a defeat pretty quickly.

It is different now, I have never felt so low as I do now, never felt so annoyed at the manager, the team, the board and just about everything. I feel so negative about the future.

It is heartbreaking to feel this way but there is something very, very different about the way things are now.

Sometimes you get what you wish for DFT....need I remind you of all people!

I feel that there is no light at the end of the tunnel, our form isn't gonna change, we aint gonna turn a corner, we are in terminal decline. What is the most different is that I actually don't care if Charlton went out of business and ceased to exist, it would be a relief, to be put out of my misery so to speak.

Sorry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I have supported Charlton since the mid 60's, I have seen some highs and many lows but I have always felt that good times were never far away and although annoyed I could get over a defeat pretty quickly.

Sorry.

Sometimes you get exactly what you wish for....need I remind you of all people DFT!
  • Options
    D_F_T funny actually as I was going to post something similar regardingin the mentality of many fans.

(And i'm speculating here)

Back in the 80's and the during arduous process of getting back to The Valley, many fans were die hard fans who would do anything for the club and would not overly care about the football, the quality or the league - just that "Charlton" was still there.

I honestly get the feeling that if we got close to those times again there would not be the enthusiasm to 'save' the club. I know the ST has been set up etc but I don't think it has been embraced as much as people initially thought.

Is this a sign of the times? Is it just us? Is it because of how football has changed?

I don't know but I am a little fearful for our future and the fact that I really don't care as much as I have done makes me angry at myself.
  • Options
    I'm not wishing for it, I just said I wouldn't be bothered. There is a difference.
  • Options
    I bought a 10 year Season Ticket when they were out, who the fuck would do that now?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    unless we go up i think we'll be down here for a long time so we're probably having gone from the second most successful spell in our clubs history(it wasn't exciting enough for some) to what will prove to be the lowest years on footballing terms( i hope this is the excitement that was craved for) since we entered league football
    but hey-ho if we get relegated there'll be new grounds to visit and who liked the boring premiership anyway, at least we have a chance of winning against the likes of brighton i mean if we'd been playing man utd we'd have known for certain we'd lose ......
    thank lennie and curbs for those wonder years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I'm not wishing for it, I just said I wouldn't be bothered. There is a difference.

You know what you were asking for for years...it happened in the end and as many of us could have predicted, it WAS the beggining of the end of the great times.I KNEW once Curb's left that we would slide backwards very quickly....I have no satisfaction whatsoever in being proved right I might add.
    I've never once seen you acknowledge that, yet it's staring you and all of us in the face.
  • Options

Sorry.

I agree the club are in a perilous state both on & off the pitch, but why would that affect you caring? Surely you'd care even more.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite][quote][cite]
    I agree the club are in a perilous state both on & off the pitch, but why would that affect you caring? Surely you'd care even more.[/quote]

There's a limit to how much you can care. Life's hard enough as it is without having the worry of a club going out of business. It stinks having to watch poor football but if it ended there you could just shrug your shoulders and laugh at it, but when there's the feeling that it could all end in disaster for the club it feels like a nightmare that you can do without,