Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton fans

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
In the hope of initially trying to avoid thinking about anything negative, i thought id pay serious respect to the away fans last night. If thats the kind of support they get on the road its no wonder they have such a good away record, to bring nearly 3,000 on a wet tuesday night for a team in the relegation zone was fantastic, they were definately the 12th man. After witnessing the dire atmosphere and surroundings they have to play their home games in front of its no wonder they enjoy their away days. When they get into the new stadium Im sure they will be up there for promotion, the manager seems to have them playing. This season i thought Huddersfield were the best team we had played but Brighton deserved their win purely because they came to play open attacking football and the players played as a team, they fully deserved their win and good luck to them for the rest of the season, i hope they stay up.

As far as Charlton are concerned, the season is in danger of completely falling apart if it hasnt done already. Parkinson must bring back Shelvey and Semedo and start with Mckenzie on Friday. Racon is not up for the fight at this level, a wonder goal at Southampton and a deflected strike at Bristol Rovers is not enough to keep him in the team and im not sure if Richardson needs a rest because he is struggling. I dont really want to start slagging off Parkinson but the guy is like a statue on the sidelines, theres no body language, animation, guidance, anything!!

MESSAGE TO PARKINSON: I know you think that this team is just going to get promoted without you having to do anything but it isnt the case, your the manager, bloody manage the team and show us you are capable of being a manager

Comments

• Options
    Yep it was a impressive turnout
  • Options
    Fantastic turnout.

Considering it was a SCHOOL NIGHT.

Couldn't see us taking anywhere near that if we were in their position in the table.

Fair play, they deserve all the luck going.
  • Options
    well we sold out down there.....
  • Options
    Great support for a midweek game, also considering their league position and they had a trek to leeds just 3 days earlier.
  • Options
    great turn out, but to be fair apart from Southampton we are their closest game and easiest one to get to (I think)....plus I'm sure it was a new ground for many of them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]Great support for a midweek game, also considering their league position and they had a trek to leeds just 3 days earlier.

On the TV highlights it looked like they took 1 man and his dog to Leeds - I may be wrong, looks like they were all saving for last night!
  • Options
    I put in another thread that I thought Brighton were the best side I've seen at The Valley this season....can't believe it was the same side we comprehensively stuffed back in November.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]well we sold out down there.....

we were doing very well at the time and it was a new ground to visit unless you went for the friendly. we should be selling out 2,000 under those circumstances, if Brighton had brought up 800 last night it would have been a good turnout in their position
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]Great support for a midweek game, also considering their league position and they had a trek to leeds just 3 days earlier.

On the TV highlights it looked like they took 1 man and his dog to Leeds - I may be wrong, looks like they were all saving for last night!

Yeah it did look that way at Leeds, fair enough i suppose. Maybe they thought they would do better at Charlton than Leeds!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]

we were doing very well at the time and it was a new ground to visit unless you went for the friendly. we should be selling out 2,000 under those circumstances, if Brighton had brought up 800 last night it would have been a good turnout in their position

some people were wanking themselves silly that we sold it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]

lol..silly wankers then?
  • Options
    There's probably a few teams we stuffed first time round this season that will stuff us on the return....the way we are playing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]

lol..silly wankers then?

lol ... i love a good wank about away followings and that brighton crowd were well worth a good shuffle
  • Options
    [cite]lol ... i love a good wank about away followings and that brighton crowd were well worth a good shuffle

wernt they all young men though?
  • Options

weren't we only given 800 tickets or something, who's to say we wouldn't have sold 2,000 ??
  • Options
    New ground for most of them so that will have boosted their numbers. See what they bring next season (assuming they don't get relegated).....

Good show all the same. Fair play.
  • Options
    I said yesterday i'd be amazed if they brought 3k............so i was amazed. Great turnout and they were noisy throughout, probably the noisiest i've heard the away end all season.
  • Options
    same situation next season,1500 tops
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

weren't we only given 800 tickets or something, who's to say we wouldn't have sold 2,000 ??

yeah sorry your right, it was 800 wasnt it..had 2,000 in my head for some reason
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]same situation next season,1500 tops

there's no way we'll bring 1500 down there ......

proper support

'Good old Sussex by the sea, Good old Sussex by the sea
    And we're going up to win the cup
    For Sussex by the sea.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Made more noise than Millwall
  • Options
    we would bring over that if they had a proper ground,dont be silly oooooo ahhhhh brighton are a poxy club,lets not wet our pants over this.
  • Options
    Brighton would be as popular an away day as Southend if the same number of tickets were available.
  • Options
    nolly brighton have always had better away support than us and they'll have more home support than us when they get to their new ground if we're both residing in the same league
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Made more noise than Millwall

Very dissapointed with Millwall after all the hype. There didnt seem to be much of the miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll chant going on at all, support wasnt intimidating at all, maybe it will be different next month. god im dreading that day at the moment!
  • Options
    they probably all live in London anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]nolly brighton have always had better away support than us and they'll have more home support than us when they get to their new ground if we're both residing in the same league

Although i can see our attendaces decreasing if we dont go up, i still reckon we will manage 12-13k. Think Brighton will be like Colchester, around 7k.
  • Options
    like bollox they would ooooah,poxy home attendances,at the goldstone there were poxy and after the intial thrill of new ground,two seasons down the line they will be around 8000 at best,dont compare that club with us please.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i'm comparing their support number wise ... always better than us away from home and their goldstone attendances when we were in similar leagues i would think were better than ours .... obviously we rose up the leagues gaining more support but that will level itself out if we stay in this league for a while.... btw i'm talking last 30 years cos i know historically we were a monster supported club in years gone by
  • Options
    ^Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......... go toss off onto some Leeds away following stats if it amazes you that much.

Fair play to them they were loud and proud, but it would have been silent over there had we seen the game out early doors, we didn't, they did.