Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akpo hopes to earn permanent Charlton deal

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/5024489.Akpo_hopes_to_earn_permanent_Charlton_deal/

Comments

• Options
    This is one story i didn't need to see this morning.
  • Options
    10 out of 10 for effort but 1 out of 10 for footballing ability
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wouldnt be too excited by that after a few recent performances but he took his chance well last night. Id like to see him and Mckenzie start on Friday, Mooney looked lost last night and seemed to be dropping too deep.
  • Options
    At least he's honest

"The team got it wrong and we didn’t start as strong as we started in the last game so we’ll make sure that next time we start the game at a higher level than we did against Brighton"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]I wouldnt be too excited by that after a few recent performances but he took his chance well last night. id like to see him and Mckenzie start on Friday, Mooney looked lost last night and seemed to be dropping too deep.

After how many chances?!

It took a GK error and an open goal for him to score.
  • Options
    green like grass
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Surely it must be time for Richard Murray to say to Parky if you think i'm going to sign that lump of shite on a permanent basis you have another thing coming di*khead
  • Options
    I'd rather he didnt
  • Options
    He didnt stand out at Erith & Belvedere so God knows how he is contracted to a Championship side. No thanks Akpo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]Iwouldnt be too excited by that after a few recent performances but he took his chance welllast night. id like to see him and Mckenzie start on Friday, Mooney looked lost last night and seemed to be dropping too deep.

After how many chances?!

It took a GK error and an open goal for him to score.

err, well yes :-) I was just trying to try and remain positive 2 days before the next beeno oops match!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky should just sign the other 7 Sodjes and just stick em up front?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Parky should just sign the other 7 Sodjes and just stick em up front?[/quote]

it's nice that they have so many footballers in there family, just a shame they are all shit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Parky should just sign the other 7 Sodjes and just stick em up front?

it's nice that they have so many footballers in there family, just a shame they are all shit

lol
  • Options
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....
  • Options
    Well I hope he ''earns'' a permanent deal.

And here's my definition of ''earn'' - eight goals between now and the end of the season.

Then we can talk, old son...
  • Options
    Clearly old Akpo lacks a bit of finesse (well quite a lot really) but a least he put himself about last night which is more than can be said for Mooney who I thought was utterly anonymous
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Clearly old Akpo lacks a bit of finesse (well quite a lot really) but a least he put himself about last night which is more than can be said for Mooney who I thought was utterly anonymous

The finesse of a hippo on ice skates.
  • Options
    God help us if all we aspire to these days is Akpo and Mooney. Akpo couldn't trap a bag of cement and Mooney is so lightweight it's unreal.
  • Options
    He is the new Mike Small. I've nothing more to add.
  • Options
    Can someone please confirm for me that Akpo is a better striker than McLeod. Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]God help us if all we aspire to these days is Akpo and Mooney. Akpo couldn't trap a bag of cement and Mooney is so lightweight it's unreal.
    We're slowly getting worse and worse. Replaced the Bents, JFH and Lisbie with Iwelumo, Todorov, McLeod and Varney. We replaced them with Burton, McKenzie, Akpo and Mooney. Who are we going to have this time next year? I hope we're not so poor we're wishing we had our current four strikers back...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Can someone please confirm for me that Akpo is a better striker than McLeod. Thanks.
    Confirmed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Can someone please confirm for me that Akpo is a better striker than McLeod. Thanks.
    Confirmed.

Phew, thanks.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Can someone please confirm for me that Akpo is a better striker than McLeod. Thanks.[/quote]
    Confirmed.[/quote]

Phew, thanks.[/quote]

No probs, any time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]He is the new Mike Small. I've nothing more to add.

I think you're doing an injustice to Mike Small
  • Options
    I bet he does........ and his agent!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]
    Confirmed.

3 years ago McLeod was the top scorer and voted player of the season for league two. Sodje wouldn't even stand out in the Kent league.
  • Options
    He can hope for a permanent deal all he likes. If performances dont improve, he wont get one.
  • Options
    if he gets a permanent deal I think I'll give up going. Mooney getting one would be bad enough but Sodje ? We used to joke about Mike Small and now we've got another to laugh at.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "wheres it all going to end"