Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon McKenzie

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Is he fit now? If so, why doesn't he start?

With very limited resources we brought him in, accepting it'd take a while to see the best of him. We all appear to agree that apart from all our other current weaknesses, we carry no genuine goal threat up front. During his limited cameos he appears strong, tenacious, and confident enough to keep the ball in tight situations until a genuine opportunity materialises (rather than just shift the responsibility elsewhere). Surely his 100 career goals merit a start by now. The obvious answer would appear to be that he's still not considered fit enough to start. If that's so, can we afford to carry his wages for 10 mins here and there when we're desperate?

I sincerely hope he IS fit enough (he appears it but we can't really judge). If he is, have the others really done enough to keep him out? We even gave Dickson another go, and we know what Parky thinks of him. If he isn't, God help us in front of goal now our limitations have been sussed. Visiting teams will continue to gamble, safe in the knowledge that we have little up front to hurt them.

Comments

• Options
    I agree he should get a start, Deon probably won't be ready for Southend so now is the perfect time. From his limited appearances he looks okay, not any worse than Mooney or Akpo.

Plus last night if he went down he would've got a penalty.
  • Options
    Agree he was probably nudged Big Red, but it was quite refreshing to see him stay on his feet - he'd actually used a (fair) shoulder immediately before that to get himself in, and accepted the decision manfully. If only Mooney could do likewise!
  • Options
    Many of us have said it already but how do you sign an established "striker" and not start him in 6 months when our existing ones struggle to hit a barn door. Is it because McKenzie is a crock and can't play 90 minutes or is because Parky realises that he made a mistake signing him in the first place?

Either way, it is difficult to comprehend quite why he is being paid by us.
  • Options
    I think give him & Mooney a start at southend, i reckon they would work well..... but apparentally im mooney's love child(according to a previous thread) :-)

I wouldn't drop burton, but give him a rest as he clearly isn't fit and last time we did that he responded with a goal and better performance the next game
  • Options
    Mooney is shite - end of, Leon must sit on the bench and wonder what he has to do to get a game ahead of him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Mooney is shite - end of, Leon must sit on the bench and wonder what he has to do to get a game ahead of him.

wel that is a matter of opinion, yes there seem to be more on here who agree with that statement but others can see what he offers for us.... i give up! people just look to blame someone for everything, someone mentioned he played well last night up until was put in Attacking Mid so cant of been too bad. but i only listened so wouldn't know anyways
  • Options
    Its about time McKenzie got a start. He cant be any worse than Mooney.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Mooney is shite - end of, Leon must sit on the bench and wonder what he has to do to get a game ahead of him.

wel that is a matter of opinion, yes there seem to be more on here who agree with that statement but others can see what he offers for us.... i give up! people just look to blame someone for everything, someone mentioned he played well last night up until was put in Attacking Mid so cant of been too bad. but i only listened so wouldn't know anyways

totally agree it's a matter of opinion, in my opinion he offer's us nothing up front at all - far to lightweight.

he looked 'o.k' in his first game for us, but since then I've seen nothing to convince me he's good enough.