Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reverse Psychology

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Did anyone really expect us to pick up 9 points in the 6 days from Yeovil to Southend? What would have been acceptable, 6 or 7?
So to put a positive spin on it, if we win at Southend does it make it all right and has it been an acceptable 6 days?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]Did anyone really expect us to pick up 9 points in the 6 days from Yeovil to Southend? What would have been acceptable, 6 or 7?
    So to put a positive spin on it, if we win at Southend does it make it all right and has it been an acceptable 6 days?

A win at Southend will make it better but certainly not acceptable. Colchester, Swindon and Huddersfield are all on good winning runs and we need to go on one as well.
  • Options
    I noted that on Skys website they referred to us as out of form before last nights game, the fact we won against Yeovil should mean that we are back in form and you would have expected that winning run to continue but we dont seem to "go on runs" or gain confidence from victories. I dont think there has been any genuine confidence in the team since the winning run at the start of the season came to end
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]I noted that on Skys website they referred to us as out of form before last nights game, the fact we won against Yeovil should mean that we are back in form and you would have expected that winning run to continue but we dont seem to "go on runs" or gain confidence from victories. I dont think there has been any genuine confidence in the team since the winning run at the start of the season came to end

You can spin the last x results to look however you want, when does a previous game no longer contribute to current form? We've won 1 of the last 7, lost 5 of the last 33...

Having said that regardless of Saturday's result before last night's game it was fair to say we were on poor form.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]Did anyone really expect us to pick up 9 points in the 6 days from Yeovil to Southend? What would have been acceptable, 6 or 7?

A win at Southend will make it better but certainly not acceptable. Colchester, Swindon and Huddersfield are all on good winning runs and we need to go on one as well.

Agree with this, thought we needed 9 from these 3 games. but i would take 6 points now
  • Options
    Amazingly it could still end up being in our own hands with Colchester, Norwich and Leeds still to come at home, maybe the players will play to their supposed superior quality in these matches if its not too late by then. Others will still slip up as they have been, but there are teams charging through on great runs at the moment and Norwich seem to have a knack of grinding out wins very late on which i think is a trait of a very good team whatever the division.

1.Norwich
    2.Charlton
    - - - - - - -
    3.Swindon
    4.Leeds
    5.Colchester
    6.Huddersfield

Huddersfield v Leeds final, Leeds to bottle it.

Is it OK to dream?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]Amazingly it could still end up being in our own hands with Colchester, Norwich and Leeds still to come at home, maybe the players will play to their supposed superior quality in these matches if its not too late by then. Others will still slip up as they have been, but there are teams charging through on great runs at the moment and Norwich seem to have a knack of grinding out wins very late on which i think is a trait of a very good team whatever the division.

1.Norwich
    2.Charlton
    - - - - - - -
    3.Swindon
    4.Leeds
    5.Colchester
    6.Huddersfield

Huddersfield v Leeds final, Leeds to bottle it.

Is it OK to dream?

Yeah good on you mate why not, fingers crossed till then :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]1.Norwich
    2.Charlton
    - - - - - - -
    3.Swindon
    4.Leeds
    5.Colchester
    6.Huddersfield

I think a bookmaker would be very pleased to take your money for that bet.
  • Options
    i wouldnt even bet on it myself, that came from the hopeful side of my brain
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]but there are teams charging through on great runs at the moment and Norwich seem to have a knack of grinding out wins very late on

Hey, guess what Choicey?

.... there are teams struggling through on crap runs at the moment and Charlton seem to have a knack of grinding out consolation goals very late on.

;o)