Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Form since Millwall game

For no particular reason I was just looking at the programme from the Millwall game before Xmas. Happened to glance at the table in the programme (complete up to and including games played on Dec 12), when we were sitting in second place on 45 pts, two behind Leeds.

That encouraged me to compare it to today's table.

It shows since we played Millwall on Dec 19, this is the form of the seven promotion and play-off candidates :

Norwich 30 pts from 12 games

Swindon 28 from 12

Colchester 23 from 11

Millwall 23 from 11

Huddersfield 22 from 11

Leeds 19 from 12

Charlton 15 from 12

Not sure this proves anything we didn't already know but thought I'd share it... typical that it had to be Millwall who started our decline.

Comments

• Options
    were still second.......................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]were still second.......................
    in the play off positions ;o)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes, it was a turning point. They gave us a real fright that day. Although we came back from 2 down to take the lead, we threw that lead away twice, once very late in the game and that's what knocked us.

We haven't been the same team since.

We had setbacks earlier in the season but we always recovered, we have lost the ability to recover.

Our team has no heart!
  • Options
    I've got a horrible feeling that after the Millwall game they will have replaced us in 6th spot and it will be farewell to the play-offs.
  • Options
    It is rather hard to be optimistic at the moment tbh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]I've got a horrible feeling that after the Millwall game they will have replaced us in 6th spot and it will be farewell to the play-offs.

Or we beat Millwall, regain our believe go on a winning run for the final 10 games to go up as champions ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]I've got a horrible feeling that after the Millwall game they will have replaced us in 6th spot and it will be farewell to the play-offs.

Or we beat Millwall, regain our believe go on a winning run for the final 10 games to go up as champions ;-)

It would be typical Charlton to do that. Drag us down to the depths of despair before giving us something to cheers about. Hope you are right but......
  • Options
    typical charlton? what beat millwall
  • Options
    I blame Sodje and Burton for those stupid red cards on boxing day, if we had beat Swindon maybe we would have put the Milwall game behind us sooner.
  • Options
    What gets me is how ordinary Swindon were that day. Outplayed and outfought by nine men, we would have absolutely crushed them with 11. We had more possession, more shots on and off target and more corners with an hour with nine men. We scored once with 10 and once with 9. We hit the woodwork and had one off the line with 9! Where has that passion gone? Now that team who I thought were distinctly average are above us if they win a game in hand. The difference is goalscorers. You need them to get out of these divisions. We don't have one, they have two. The guaranteed goals from Paynter and Austin mask their deficiencies and shortcomings. Sodje and Mooney only serve to emphasise ours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]What gets me is how ordinary Swindon were that day. Outplayed and outfought by nine men, we would have absolutely crushed them with 11. We had more possession, more shots on and off target and more corners with an hour with nine men. We scored once with 10 and once with 9. We hit the woodwork and had one off the line with 9! Where has that passion gone? Now that team who I thought were distinctly average are above us if they win a game in hand. The difference is goalscorers. You need them to get out of these divisions. We don't have one, they have two. The guaranteed goals from Paynter and Austin mask their deficiencies and shortcomings. Sodje and Mooney only serve to emphasise ours.[/quote]

100% agree, Swindon also have weak areas but with two strikers in such good form, they will be a decent bet in the play offs. They also have Pericard on the bench who is probably better than what we have
  • Options

I must say I've had this thought too. Absolute disaster of a season if that happens.