Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton - Player ratings

2»

Comments

• Options
    Elliot - 5
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 5.5
    Llera - 5.5
    Jackson - 5
    Sam - 4
    Racon - 5.5
    Bailey - 5
    Reid - 4
    Burton - 5
    Mooney - 4.5
    A Sodje - 4
  • Options
    Elliot -6- mistake for second goal, but distribution was excellent and he did everything else well
    Richardson -6- not bad, but still keeps running into trouble on a regular basis
    Dailly -8- commanding performance, and brought the ball out of defence and used it well
    Llera -8- same as above
    Jackson -6.5- good in attack, constantly caught out in defence
    Sam -4- poor game
    Racon -8- good range of passing from a good player
    Bailey -7.5- run himself into the ground and tried to get us going- wish he wouldnt carelessly give away possesion in a dangerous area once a game
    Reid -3- failed to beat his man once and failed to get over a decent cross once
    Burton -7- didnt really have enough time to influence the game
    Mooney -4- played well in terms of link up play, but missed our best chances to score which, after all, is the point of a striker
    A Sodje - 5- missed chances as well

i know some will say i have been to generous, but we played well, and if our wingers could cross or our strikers could strike we would have won. keep the faith!
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5.5
    Dailly - 6 - Ok but still not convincing and quite as solid as he was.
    Llera - 7 - Good game again, probably not quite as good as Saturday though.
    Jackson - 6
    Sam - 5 - Poor game, needs to be given the ball more, but seemed to lack energy and he's not a particularly energetic player in the first place.
    Racon - 5 - Should have scored, would have made it a different game. Again goes a bit unnoticed when he doesn't have the ball. Not worth playing in a 4 man midfield as it means Bailey is far too deep.
    Bailey - 5 - Passing poor again, should have sorted that out by now. Down to him trying too hard I think, he was seeing passes but hasn't got the ability to pull them off. Not his fault he had to play deep to accommodate Racon though.
    Reid - 5 - As said he didn't hide, but his decision making, crossing and shooting was awful. Much more involved than Sam, but if Sam was given the ball that much, I doubt he'd make that many mistakes.
    Burton - 5 - From what I remember wasn't doing too well, though we missed him.
    Mooney - 5 - Like Reid and Bailey, was desperate to create something, but just didn't have the ability to pull it off, or made the wrong decision.
    A Sodje - 5 - Scored, just about, but the usual frustrating moments.

Going 1-0 down made all the difference. We can't break down teams defending a lead without a bit of luck. We either see passes and moves but don't have the ability to get them right, or we get crowded out and don't know what to do.
  • Options
    as an addition to my above post- i must have not seen racon's miss because i sure dont remember it. consider my rating of him as an 8 to ignore said miss!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Elliot - 6 Rooted to his line when facing 1-on-1. Could command his box better, don't we have a coach to work with him?
    Richardson - 5 It's his defensive positional play that worries me
    Dailly - 6 Still doing all the right things - but visibly slowing down game by game
    Llera - 7 Lack of pace and turned too easily, but whole hearted spirit goes a long way to compensate
    Jackson - 6 Plenty of intelligent play going forward but get's caught out a little too easily too often defensively
    Sam - 6 First half did quite well in posession, lacked support and movement from players around him.
    ........... No service, no Sam.
    Racon - 5 No real movement off the ball; gives the pass and stops to admire his handiwork, rather than show again
    Bailey - 5 Where's our Nicky gone? Huff and puff around our back 4; can't pass, holds onto the ball too long,no leadership
    Reid - 4 No composure on the ball and no understanding to turn pitch conditions to his advantage
    Burton - 5 Missed him totally when he limped off; afterwards, the only time the ball stuck up front, was in the mud.
    Mooney - 5 Let's be kind, he never went missing - but too lightweight, couldn't stand up and scared of the big lump CB
    A Sodje - 6 No touch, no brain - but fantastic attitude, brave and won most of his headers. Persistance got him his goal.

Pitch: Worst condition I've seen, since return to The Valley. If Brighton could work out how to play on it, why couldn't we?

Manager: He's got to find hungry players in the squad - why not ask Mr Shelvey and Mr Wagstaff? And fill up centre mid.

Support: None. There was no support.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 5
    Llera - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Sam - 5
    Racon - 7
    Bailey - 6
    Reid - 5
    Burton - 5.5
    Mooney - 5
    A Sodje - 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 5
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 5.5
    Llera - 7
    Jackson - 5.5
    Sam - 5
    Racon - 5
    Bailey - 5
    Reid - 4.5
    Burton - 6
    Mooney - 5
    A Sodje - 5
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 5.5
    Dailly - 6
    Llera -6.5
    Jackson -6.5
    Sam -6.5
    Racon -4.5
    Bailey -4.5
    Reid -4
    Burton - 5.5
    Mooney -5
    A Sodje - 4.5
    [/quote]
  • Options
    Elliot - 4
    Richardson - 3
    Dailly - 4.5
    Llera -6.5
    Jackson -5
    Sam -3.5
    Racon -3
    Bailey -4
    Reid -3
    Burton - 4
    Mooney -4
    A Sodje - 3.5
  • Options
    Elliot -6
    Richardson -6
    Dailly -6
    Llera -7.5 MoM
    Jackson -6.5
    Sam -5.5
    Racon -6.5
    Bailey -6
    Reid -5.5
    Burton -5.5
    Mooney -6
    A Sodje -6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot 5
    Richardson -5.5
    Dailly -5.5
    Llera -6 MoM
    Jackson -5.5
    Sam -3
    Racon -5
    Bailey -4
    Reid 4.5
    Burton -5.5
    Mooney -5
    A Sodje -5
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5.5
    Dailly - 6.5
    Llera - 7
    Jackson - 6.5
    Sam - 6
    Racon - 6.5
    Bailey - 5.5
    Reid - 6
    Burton - 6
    Mooney - 5.5
    A Sodje - 6
  • Options
    Elliot -5 Got lucky with the one that was disallowed and didn't get close to the two goals
    Richardson - 6 Not too bad
    Dailly - 5 Getting caught too much at the moment
    Llera - 6 Struggled against a passing team that didn't play to his strengths
    Jackson - 5 Terrible set pieces, not very good in defence
    Sam - 5 Kept drifting inside again. Another bad day at the office.
    Racon - 6 Kept trying to make it happen, but a terrible miss and a lot of mistakes
    Bailey - 5 Worked very hard, but some horrible, basic misplaced passes.
    Reid - 4.5 lacked targets in the box, to be fair, but ignored that and just hammered the ball around randomly.
    Burton - 4.5 Looked totally off the pace
    Mooney - 5 touch let him down
    A Sodje- 5 Lots of huff and puff, but no touch
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 5
    Llera - 6
    Jackson - 5
    Sam - 4.5
    Racon - 4.5
    Bailey - 4.5
    Reid - 6
    Burton - 4.5
    Mooney - 4.5
    A Sodje - 4.5
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5.5
    Dailly - 5.5
    Llera - 6
    Jackson - 5.5
    Sam - 6
    Racon - 6
    Bailey - 6
    Reid - 5.5
    Burton - 5.5
    Mooney - 6
    A Sodje - 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 6
    Llera - 6.5
    Jackson - 5
    Sam - 3
    Racon - 2
    Bailey - 3
    Reid - 3
    Burton - 3
    Mooney - 3
    A Sodje - 3

McKenzie - 7 - I know he didn't play long enough to qualify for a rating, but he probably put more effort into his cameo appearance than the rest of the entire team managed collectively throughout the game
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Elliot - 5 - Average keeper in this league
    Richardson - 6 - At least tried to drive us forward which is more than can be said for those in front of him
    Dailly - 4.5 Becoming weaker by the game
    Llera - 6.5 - My Charlton MOM
    Jackson - 5 - Defensively suspect and the forward forays died early in the game
    Sam - 5 - Not on his game but still drew double defending
    Racon - 3 - Too weak to play in a 2 man midfield with Bailey
    Bailey - 3 - Bailey moving inside (442) has been a disaster. His passing is shocking, his positional disciple is non existent. Don't rate his fitness either. If Parky has any balls he'd drop him for that display.
    Reid - 4 -Tried to do too much on his own. When it didn't come off he disappeared
    Burton - 5 - Going to miss him
    Mooney - 6 - By dropping off he allowed us to play to feet and gave the midfield options. Too bad our playmakers were so ineffective.
    A Sodje - 5 - Carthorse
  • Options
    Elliot - 5
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 6
    Llera - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Sam - 4
    Racon - 5
    Bailey - 6
    Reid - 4
    Burton - 6