Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lets make the Valley more of a fortress :)

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfZRXeinYe4

Comments

• Options
    A lot of us can barely raise our voices without getting an evil from somebody, let alone lighting a bloody flare.
  • Options
    Disgraceful stewards, clearly not getting in amongst the crowd and stopping the flares, standing on the seats etc.

Seriously amazing though, would be a dream to experience that sort of atmosphere. Maybe we will get them in the European Cup one day ;-D

Theres no club in this country that can be compared to that, amazing that one club can attract that many psychotic fans all singing from the same hymsheet wherever they are sitting in the stadium.
  • Options
    So you dont see the west stand bouncing up and down like that then :)
    very true, the amount of people moaning at each other in the north upper yesterday was pathetic.
  • Options
    Choice, when i went to Athens with friends i went to an Olympiacos home game. We sat opposite their 'infamous' gate 7 fans. They had 2 fans that would holla out chants and the crowd would respond with nearly 100% singing and chanting at the same time. Flares were lit all over the place, it was best atmosphere ever. I would love to see that in England, i think flares may be creeping into the game what with the Man utd flare away at Man City and Arsenal's away at Chelsea.
  • Options
    I dont know what the stewards in that video thought they were going to do if it kicked off, just standing there like they actually believed they were preventing anything. They must have been a few washing machines going that night
  • Options
    Last night, the team as a unit were poor, out thought and outfought.

And our crowd were totally outsung and outsupported ......the Brighton fans sung from the first kick off right to the end, and got right behind their team from before the first whistle.

Their team and supporters were like a unit, something we haven't seen for a while now, at The Valley.

The Charlton support vocally just didn't exist, did it?

It was virtually no support at all.
  • Options
    Having an atmosphere like that must have an effect on the visiting team as well, especially in European competitions with teams that are used to playing in the diluted atmosphere of the Premier league etc. A real 12th man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]Choice, when i went to Athens with friends i went to an Olympiacos home game. We sat opposite their 'infamous' gate 7 fans. They had 2 fans that would holla out chants and the crowd would respond with nearly 100% singing and chanting at the same time. Flares were lit all over the place, it was best atmosphere ever. I would love to see that in England, i think flares may be creeping into the game what with the Man utd flare away at Man City and Arsenal's away at Chelsea.

That would be amazing here, gonna def have to try and go abroad to one of these games one day, Turkish are nutters too.

Can we have 2 Candidates to holla out the chants please?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Their team and supporters were like a unit, something we haven't seen for a while now, at The Valley.

The Charlton support vocally just didn't exist, did it?

It was virtually no support at all.

Its no excuse for not singing but the loss of the terraces have had a massive effect on football fans in this country. Most of the time you have to sit in front, behind or next to someone who so blatently is going to stay rooted and muted for the entire game. When we had the terraces, sitters had the option to sit away from the terraces, now there is no option for people who want to stand, we have to sit like it or lump it. I would absolutely love to see the north lower used as a terrace, i would pay good money to stand in there, it would make a huge difference but it aint gonna happen. Since terraces were blamed for Hillsborough and football has never been the same since with poxy seats everywhere.

Was nice to have the option at Bristol
  • Options
    C A F C C A F C C A F C
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    RED ARMY RED ARMY RED ARMY

bloody hell our songs are shit
  • Options
    A lot has changed with the fan support at the Valley during years of support. During my first few games at Charlton Athletic, about 15 years ago, everybody was screaming, having a good time and getting behind the team. Addick fans would literally live every kick, header, and tackle back then. Nowadays, even though i only attended only two games last year at The Valley, you could hear a f'n pin drop! It felt like i was the only one screaming my lungs off about a "MAN ON", or a "'AVE IT" !!! We really need better support at the Valley. For those who dont know, it took A LOT of hard work and effort to get the Valley Back and we should really be appreciating the beauty of such an amazing stadium!!! Its quite understandable to get upset with the results but what good does booing and complaining do for the players, management, staff and true fans???
  • Options
    I went to see Olympiakos v Panithanikos and it was unreal. They hate each other and fans were throwing rocks and all sorts. Most fans are nutted out their head on drugs, which are served up in the ground. Cant see the Valley selling speed with their Wimpy burgers.
  • Options
    I went to see Olympiakos v Panithanikos and it was unreal. They hate each other and fans were throwing rocks and all sorts. Most fans are nutted out their head on drugs, which are served up in the ground. Cant see the Valley selling speed with their Wimpy burgers.

How did u get tickets for that? Yeah it was all over the city how much they hated each other.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I went to see Olympiakos v Panithanikos and it was unreal. They hate each other and fans were throwing rocks and all sorts. Most fans are nutted out their head on drugs, which are served up in the ground. Cant see the Valley selling speed with their Wimpy burgers.[/quote]

Sounds like a fun day out. A rock fight then a Charlie burger lol
  • Options
    Went to a Rome derby quite a few years back, A goal would be the cue to start breaking the seats up, in the equivalent of the east stand! Shared stadium though to be fair. Been to AEK on a european night and that was awesome as well.
    Bring back the big flag while theres still enough people to pass it round.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Wimpy burgers

Mine was hard as F*ck!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]How did u get tickets for that? Yeah it was all over the city how much they hated each other.
    It was through some greek bloke who's bar we drunk in every night. Thought we would go catch a game, have a nice night out. Turned into a bad day in Beirut. Absolutely bricking it.