Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson throws down gauntlet to squad

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/5029339.Parkinson_throws_down_gauntlet_to_squad/

Comments

• Options
    Umm... you sure parky? Seems abit powder puff that, its not all the players fault, you and your coaches should have a bloody big say in our run in to, set pieces, shooting, basic defending etc.. as for jonjo its hard to belive he can't even get on the bench, could make all the difference as an impact sub when things going wrong or getting stale, still what do I know.
  • Options
    I would rather he had thrown it AT the squad
  • Options
    ......again.
  • Options
    I usually think that Parky talks a lot of sense and i have been impressed with certain aspects from him, but right now he could say what he wants

Action speaks louder than words, if he wants people to step uop then he needs to 1st and make changes when players are not doing what he wants from them not with 20 mins to go every bloody time
  • Options
    agreed.
  • Options
    It is basically the last yard or so - I note our players shirking from the final yard especially when the other side are going for it - too many times in the Yeovil game our boys pull out and the ball end up going nowhere. I remember us going on a great run when it was pointed out that the last yard matters...

Seem we have all turned into a bunch of wimps, Im afraid!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Action speaks louder than words, if he wants people to step uop then he needs to 1st and make changes when players are not doing what he wants from them not with 20 mins to go every bloody time

To be fair to Parkinson, he changed it up away against Walsall as many people had been calling for beforehand. Yet he was criticised when he did for 'panicking' and ' showing that he's just another Pardew'.
  • Options
    “It’s not a case of looking around for someone else to do it, we need someone to say ‘I am going to be the man.’ “It might be Lloyd Sam going to score three or four goals, it might be Miguel Llera or Sam Sodje scoring off a set play. We need big characters."

Or maybe we need the man who has taken approximately 3 or 4 hundred training sessions, prepared one of the 3 highest paid and best squads in the division for about 50 or 60 matches, stood on the touch line for those 50 or 60 matches, given the half time talk for those 50 or 60 matches, to actually show some semblence of competance as a football manager!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Action speaks louder than words, if he wants people to step uop then he needs to 1st and make changes when players are not doing what he wants from them not with 20 mins to go every bloody time

To be fair to Parkinson, he changed it up away against Walsall as many people had been calling for beforehand. Yet he was criticised when he did for 'panicking' and ' showing that he's just another Pardew'.
    That will always happen, always someone who just doesn't like the manager and can turn something they said he should be doing into a negative when the manager actually does it. He even went with 3 at the back on Tuesday, but apparently would have never tried something like that. Now it's probably seen as a bad thing because the players aren't used to that formation.

People used to moan Curbishley was too negative and boring, yet he got results in the end (even if we never reall finished a season well).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    “It’s not a case of looking around for someone else to do it, we need someone to say ‘I am going to be the man.’ “It might be Lloyd Sam going to score three or four goals, it might be Miguel Llera or Sam Sodje scoring off a set play. We need big characters."

Or maybe we need the man who has taken approximately 3 or 4 hundred training sessions, prepared one of the 3 highest paid and best squads in the division for about 50 or 60 matches, stood on the touch line for those 50 or 60 matches, given the half time talk for those 50 or 60 matches, to actually show some semblence of competance as a football manager!

Agreed.